Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A video overview of Detroit-area TV channels

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
robimes

A video overview of Detroit-area TV channels

Post by robimes » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:27 am

Hi,

I thought this might be of interest to the group. Yesterday I uploaded a video to my YouTube channel showing the over-the-air TV channels that I'm able to pick up in my area (Southgate) using an antenna. I show a little bit of each channel and briefly talk about it. (I'm hoping that it doesn't get blocked by YouTube for this reason.) The video runs 31 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zO0m0U59M4

Rob Imes

km1125

Re: A video overview of Detroit-area TV channels

Post by km1125 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:22 am

Surprised you didn't pick up any Toledo stations from there.

The UI looks the same as my DVR box. Are you using a DVR or is that the TV's display?

The hand-held camera bouncing around started getting annoying quickly. Should have clamped that to something.

Otherwise, good overview of what's available.

robimes

Re: A video overview of Detroit-area TV channels

Post by robimes » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:00 pm

Thanks. I was kinda hoping that the bouncing camera might prevent the video from getting flagged and blocked. I'd done at least two videos like this in the past, some years ago, where it was recorded directly from the TV, and they eventually got blocked due to copyright. So I'm hoping this one stays up a bit longer.

I have the antenna set up in a certain way to pick up the channels that I view the most. Unfortunately, to be able to get in some channels I'd lose others, as is the case with Ch. 9 (CBC) which can't be picked up on my antenna at the same time as a couple of the others, like Ch. 15, 18, etc.

I'm viewing the TV through a Konvert SC-55 digital converter box, which is hooked up to my DVD recorder so that I'm able to record broadcasts onto DVD-Rs.

Thanks for the comment!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic