Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Weather reporting

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Mega Hertz

Re: Weather reporting

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:27 pm

I got a few minutes of sprinkles in Northville around 8 and Napier around noon. It was sunny right after.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:20 am

Half my golf buddies canceled yesterday, since the forecast had a high chance of storms. Those of us that showed up had an empty course and was beautiful for a round of golf!
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:56 pm

Today was a God damn B-E-A-utiful day. We need more days like this. The morning was something dreams are made of.
-TurkeyTop

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:32 pm

We saw Styx on Thursday night in the Toledo area. We thought for sure it would rain at some point. That never happened. I think the only rain in Toledo were a few showers and that was it.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:33 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:32 pm
We saw Styx on Thursday night in the Toledo area. We thought for sure it would rain at some point. That never happened. I think the only rain in Toledo were a few showers and that was it.
I think you were Fooling Yourself.
-TurkeyTop

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:58 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:33 pm
radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:32 pm
I think you were Fooling Yourself.
HaHa!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:05 am

Firecracker Dave yesterday at 5PM talked about the buckets of rain SE Michigan would be receiving today and tonight.

It's been partly to mostly sunny at my house all morning and the radar is completely clear. 🤣

I do think there will be some pockets of heavy rain from early evening onward. There could also be pop up storms on a widely scattered basis in the heat of the afternoon.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:10 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:05 am
Firecracker Dave yesterday at 5PM talked about the buckets of rain SE Michigan would be receiving today and tonight.

It's been partly to mostly sunny at my house all morning and the radar is completely clear. 🤣

I do think there will be some pockets of heavy rain from early evening onward. I do not believe it will be as widespread or as long lasting as some are forecasting.
NWS has a marginal risk for both severe weather and excessive rainfall. You don’t see any rain yet because the front went through yesterday.. stalled… and is now coming back north. 4-10pm is the main window but the excessive rainfall risk is primarily in a band from I-94 to M-46. So your mileage may vary.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:12 am

The HRRR models have been all over the place as to where the band of heaviest rain will set up shop.

I think there could be two ribbons of heavier rainfall, one near I-69 and another near the state border.

I don't foresee widespread flooding rains as the yokels on local TV were proclaiming last night.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:51 pm

Flood watch just issued:

...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE
TONIGHT...

* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.

* WHERE...For the following counties in southeast Michigan, Bay,
Genesee, Huron, Lapeer, Livingston, Macomb, Midland, Oakland,
Saginaw, Sanilac, Shiawassee, St. Clair, Tuscola, Washtenaw and
Wayne.

* WHEN...From 4 PM EDT this afternoon through late tonight.

* IMPACTS...Creeks and streams may rise out of their banks. Flooding
may occur in poor drainage and urban areas.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- A pattern of thunderstorms with heavy rainfall will move into
southeast Michigan late this afternoon and tonight. The
organized storms and parent low pressure system are capable
of heavy rainfall and flooding across the watch area. Event
total rainfall of 1 to 3 inches is possible mainly from 8 PM
to 2 AM tonight. The heaviest rain is expected to exit
eastward by sunrise Thursday.

Any intention to revise your bet MW?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:09 pm

Not really. I think many areas will receive about 1 to 1.5 inches of rain tonight but I do not foresee widespread flooding.

Areas along I-69 and parts of Macomb who received heavy storms yesterday could be exceptions.

Bear in mind See B.S. Detroit and perhaps other outlets were forecasting heavy rainfall during the day today. The timing shown in the NWS statement is consistent with my first post from this morning.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:30 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:09 pm
Not really. I think many areas will receive about 1 to 1.5 inches of rain tonight but I do not foresee widespread flooding.

Areas along I-69 and parts of Macomb who received heavy storms yesterday could be exceptions.

Bear in mind See B.S. Detroit and perhaps other outlets were forecasting heavy rainfall during the day today. The timing shown in the NWS statement is consistent with my first post from this morning.
Looks like rain in about 1-2 hours down here in Wayne. Have some showers headed right at us out by Coldwater. Getting dark here. I imagine it’s gonna blow up later on the radar… that slug of moisture east of Chicago is going northeast and keeps developing on its thinner southern flank.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:28 pm

All I see is light to moderate rain in SW MI plus some disorganized shower activity near Ann Arbor.

The soaking rain is over southern WI right now.

Edit: am starting to see some intensification in the Ludington, Muskegon and Grand Rapids areas, especially closer to Ludington. Some decent single cell storms building near Findlay that could turn into hail and strong wind producers.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:53 pm

What effect is this weather going to have on my summertime FM DX'ing?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:02 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:28 pm
All I see is light to moderate rain in SW MI plus some disorganized shower activity near Ann Arbor.

The soaking rain is over southern WI right now.

Edit: am starting to see some intensification in the Ludington, Muskegon and Grand Rapids areas, especially closer to Ludington. Some decent single cell storms building near Findlay that could turn into hail and strong wind producers.
I would also note there is now a Tornado watch in Northern Illinois and Northwestern Indiana.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic