Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dan Bongino out at WJR in May

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
dial-it-in

Re: Dan Bongino out at WJR in May

Post by dial-it-in » Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:07 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:33 pm
Werbe hosted a Sunday late night call-in show on WRIF for decades. A throwaway time slot essentially.
Holy fuck, that dude was to the left of Castro. :lol

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:38 pm

One good thing I can say about him, either way, is that he never got loud. It's so easy to get heated and loud and yell and make it personal but he always kept his cool.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

edj

Post by edj » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:12 pm

Near the end, he had cohost Julene Jordan who pretty much sat there and agreed with everything he said.
Did it last so long because it counted as public service to keep the license? The FMs around town used to do prerecorded interviews with the drain commissioner or non profit groups that aired Sunday at 5 or 6 in the morning. Maybe they still do, it's been years since I've checked.

ConstipatedListener

Post by ConstipatedListener » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:32 pm

How 'bout "Ask the Professor"?

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:15 am

For left leaning radio, there was Air America which failed in late 90s to early 2000s.

Propublica has a radio program.
NPR is left leaning radio.

BirdieKingBobo

Post by BirdieKingBobo » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:37 pm

Dan Bong (happy 4/20) Igo was let go today by Fox News .... A Sad day for bald conspiracy theorist who ride Cucker Tarlson 's coat tails....

riggs

Post by riggs » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:34 pm

BirdieKingBobo wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:37 pm
People...
I have ADHD ....
Bongino doesn't have ADHD .... Bongino thinks ADHD and Autism are a cover up... his delusional conspiracy theories.
Yes, he is a conspiracy theorist and if you think it's harmless, there's a woman from Idaho named Lori Daybell who is on trial for murdering or being complicit in the murder of her own children because she believed conspiracy theories that had her convinced they were zombies. A 40 year old man in California shot his 2 year old son and 10 month old daughter with a spear gun and then stabbed the boy 12 times and the 10 month old baby 17 times because Q-Anon had him convinced his wife has passed serpent DNA to the children and they would have become monsters who destroyed the world. This stuff's not funny and it's not harmless. Enough with giving people who spread this nonsense any more attention.

Sidney sit down, relax, have a sandwich, drink a glass of milk, do some fucking thing

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:25 pm

All the above proves is that there are fruitcakes on both sides.

As for Dan Bongino, even as a center-right voter, I found his show unlistenable. He can't focus on the topic at hand. He gets off track and starts yammering about the inner workings of the show. Too much information about his family and personal stuff that's not interesting. Claims to be a family man, but goes to bed at 8PM, and gets up at 4AM, because "the house is quiet" and therefore, he doesn't have to deal with his family bothering him. Constantly yelling "Jim! Jim!" during the show, when Jim the producer isn't even part of the show (I believe this is the same "Jim" that Michael Savage was always yelling at... could be wrong. Compares current events to really bad 80's movies most people have never heard of. To me, he sounds like a blithering idiot, and an unfunny goofball. I never saw his TV show on Fox. Frankly, a guy who looks like that shouldn't be on TV, but that's just me.

Obviously, Dan's handlers couldn't handle him. I think his head is too big to fit in the elevator at this point.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:44 pm

Is Bongino being removed from all Cumulus stations or just from WJR?

I know there was a kerfuffle between he and the Cumulus corporate overlords a couple years back.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:36 pm

I know he left Fox and know he was critical of Cumulus for their vaccine mandates. I figure if the show was removed entirely, one of the radio trade websites like All Access or Radio Insight would have an article about it.

format this

Post by format this » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:40 pm

Apparently this was revealed last December. https://www.insideradio.com/free/dan-bo ... 7389b.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:42 pm

So, WJR is ditching his program about a year early? Will be interesting to see if other Cumulus stations follow suit.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:01 pm

edj wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:12 pm
Near the end, he had cohost Julene Jordan who pretty much sat there and agreed with everything he said.
Did it last so long because it counted as public service to keep the license? The FMs around town used to do prerecorded interviews with the drain commissioner or non profit groups that aired Sunday at 5 or 6 in the morning. Maybe they still do, it's been years since I've checked.
That was how I got my way into programming. I would sit Sunday mornings from 5-7am and play the public affairs programs. 5-6am was two half hour programs then Peter's interviews from 6-7 and if it ended early, play a softer song heading into Overeasy. I remember having to make sure the "public file" was up to date if we ever got audited.

I believe the rule was (and still might be) 2 hours of programming dedicated to the public/community interest.

Then, over at Magic, we had "Remarkable Women" with Florine Mark. And WRIF had Nightcall Sunday nights.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:34 pm

Always liked Peter Werbe, it was nice hearing a counter argument to the right wing only view point you usually hear.

Chris Plante was on the now defunct Talk Radio 100.7(Now 100.7 The Ticket) in Toledo.. He was on the right for sure but wasn't too shouty.

Ben Shapiro is grating to me and Mark Levin to me is just a fascist.

edj

Post by edj » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:53 pm

Usually NPR and Werbe covered the left, except when 1310 was Air America. There was/is also Mitch Albom to a lesser degree.

When will WJR announce the replacement? You would think they would want to promote. Clay and Buck or Chris Plante with a schedule shift are most likely the more I think about it. Dana… uhhh Loesch… uhhh ummm is, uhhh, a possibility if they don’t want to clear a show from their largest competitor and don’t want to shift schedule for Plante. If you’ve listened to her you can play a drinking game with the uhs and umms during points.

I think Bongino is also on peashooter WLBY, which barely makes it to Canton Center Road.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic