Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Cool article about WRIF's voiceover guy

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Cool article about WRIF's voiceover guy

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:59 pm

He also does a ton of voiceover work for Fox News, for 106.3 The Core in Saginaw, and several other rock and classic rock stations owned by Beasley Media:

https://wrif.com/2023/03/16/the-incredi ... r-on-wrif/

Abstract:
This is a story about someone you may not have thought much about, until now. Pete Gustin has been the voice of RIFF since around 2009. Here’s where the story becomes very unique and inspirational…Pete is blind.

Sherwood420

Re: Cool article about WRIF's voiceover guy

Post by Sherwood420 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:34 am

Very cool article MW. I've always thought watching the VO people do their thing was like majic to me, especially when I was younger. I still get a kick out if watching videos of the likes of the GREAT Don La Fontaine. I've also enjoyed watching Chris Corley do his thing over the years. An unfortunate RIP to both of those greats.

To me, the station voice can set the attitude of the station. Also, it seems like they have maybe a little more creative control than most DJs. I identify the RIFF with this dude. A good VO person to me is one of the biggest things for a good overall sound on a station.

Also, a H*** CONGRATS for Pete Gustin for doing what he's doing. He sounds fkkn PHENOMENAL on the RIFF. Also sounds great on Fox TV as well. F' Dave and Chuck, this dude is more the RIFF than those two CHODES.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:03 am

My favorite work of his can be found on SXM's Liquid Metal channel. He also voiced "Hard Attack," the metal channel on Sirius before the merger with XM.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:18 am

I think Dave and Chuck did a whole thing with him awhile back. Pretty cool stuff.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:50 am

Wow. I bet he didn't see this post coming.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:16 pm

I like Pete as an imaging voice for rock radio. I think he's Fox News's main VO artist as well. He also does work for ESPN Radio. I've always wondered what his name was. He's popular on social media too.

I loved both Don and Chris. Chris was my favorite voice for rock and news. I also liked Hal Douglas. He was the voice of many movie trailers and also the voice of the former WB Network and also voiced the '97 Red Wings Stanley Cup film. They are all missed.

edj

Post by edj » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:58 pm

VO guys in radio and TV don’t get the respect they deserve. Great article.

Tman

Post by Tman » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:16 am

I cant believe the TV stations have not picked up this unique and up lifting story . Nice job Pipes !

AMFMTV

Post by AMFMTV » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:16 pm

Pete is cool dude. Worked as Production Director in Boston for over 20 years, mostly WEEI. His imaging gave the station it's identity, along of course with the sports.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:43 pm

Great article. Thanks for this, MW.

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic