Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fox 2 Detroit

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Round Six

Fox 2 Detroit

Post by Round Six » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:39 am

There's been a couple of mentions in the last couple days about things going on at Channel 4.
I got to thinking. I can't really contribute to those conversations because without realizing it, I'm starting to just watch Fox2.

Always was a Fox2 watcher in the morning.
Mr. and Mrs Smith have just too many commercials. They will do 4 minutes of ads, come back and basically do a 20 second tease, and go right back into another 4 minutes of ads. Ugh. Who wants to sit thru that?
I never did care for Cassimy. I know he's gone, But why migrate back now?

And I'm starting to stick with Raj and Asher in the evening until Wheel comes on.
Honestly didn't think I would care for those two. I've surprised myself.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

dial-it-in

Re: Fox 2 Detroit

Post by dial-it-in » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:13 am

FOX 2 has become a joke. Hard pass for me; especially in the mornings. Thats tough for me to say because I like Deena but the unprofessionalism is just too much to handle. Also, they have made it clear that my wife and I are not their target demographic so we will comply (white, late 40's with disposable income...oh, the horror!)
I will agree that Taryn and Roop are probably the best of the bunch and the evenings are more tolerable but in general we have made the switch to other networks.

thekman

Post by thekman » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:24 am

I watch so much less news than just a year or two ago. I don’t even have the TV on in the morning prior to Price Is Right. Maybe a little Channel 4 at noon, but that’s about it. At 5pm I find myself watching Adam-12 reruns on Me-TV.

Vee TeeVee

Post by Vee TeeVee » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:02 am

Am I missing something? Who's Mr. & Mrs. Smith???

Luke

Post by Luke » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:14 am

Vee TeeVee wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:02 am
Am I missing something? Who's Mr. & Mrs. Smith???
Keenan and Alicia.

Vee TeeVee

Post by Vee TeeVee » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:10 pm

Oh yeah! How could I forget? I actually watch them on a regular basis.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:02 am

dial-it-in wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:13 am
FOX 2 has become a joke. Hard pass for me; especially in the mornings. Thats tough for me to say because I like Deena but the unprofessionalism is just too much to handle. Also, they have made it clear that my wife and I are not their target demographic so we will comply (white, late 40's with disposable income...oh, the horror!) .....
I will agree that The Nine isn't for everyone. The relationship lady that looks like she has a mop on her head. I've had out of town friends see Lee Thomas and wonder out loud "What is that?".

Like you are saying, affluent suburbanites are not the target audience. And that's not criticism. If it works, go for it. Why not cater to the cows that never get off the couch, if that's a sizable percentage of the viewers? People that identify with Lue, Thomas and the Mop Lady.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic