Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Who is EDJ....Love to find out

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Rate This

Re: Who is EDJ....Love to find out

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:31 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:20 pm
Ya gotta hand it to him, though. It takes balls to face (so to speak) your detractors. I give credit for that.
True, credit is due for being able to go toe to toe… but the near obsession with figuring it out is just weird.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:53 pm

EDJ is a rando on the internet. Everyone who knows who I am knows I post as Editorcj here.

Herm

Post by Herm » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:43 am

Newsman123 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:26 pm
Jim.. ignore these folks and move on.

Yes.. this is a forum where people can bitch all they want and criticize. And thats ok. Its not rooted in any authority.

And Yes.. those posting here don’t have half the talent of those actually on the air, who are hired for a multitude of reasons.
I most DEFINITELY have more than half the talent of those actually on air. How dare you?!

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:38 pm

I dont know who EDJ is nor do I care. Hope this helps.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:23 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:43 pm
Newsman123 wrote:

Yes.. this is a forum where people can bitch all they want and criticize. And thats ok. Its not rooted in any authority.

And Yes.. those posting here don’t have half the talent of those actually on the air, who are hired for a multitude of reasons.
You need talent to say Saline? Didn’t realize that.

There are a couple of people on WWJ I am positive I can outread. Erin V is one. The young black woman whose name is escaping me is another. Both are so bad at it that it’s low hanging fruit.
This, from a guy who was probably passed over for dispatcher gig at the bus garage... How many radio stations have you managed? How many on-air personalities have you hired? While I don't personally know Erin V, she seems to have the right personality for nights on an all news station. She's more laid back and conversational. I actually enjoy some of the long form interviews. It's not a "hustle and bustle" daypart.

As for young reporters, when you hire them, young reporters is what you get. For years, Detroit has been a "training ground" for new talent, and I am not going to pretend to understand that. If you are callously referring to Alexis Ware, I think she has great potential. She has a pleasant voice, and her stories are well written. Give her a chance, for God sakes. I remember when Carmen Harlan was reading the news on W4 back in 1978-79. Nobody had ever heard of her either.

Believe me, there are people on WWJ that I don't care for. One of the weekend anchors has a sing-songy delivery that I find unnatural, and painful to listen to. If he's on, I get the information I need (usually traffic) and cut out fast. I can't stand it, and he's been on there, doing that for years. It makes me wonder what former WWJ bosses Roger Nadel, or Ken Beck would think...

As for Jim Hughes, and Alexis, You both sound good. You don't sound forced, or unnatural. You're on WWJ. That makes you a public figure. There will be slings and arrows from time to time. Newsman123 is right. Don't worry about it. I still remember the great Florence Walton, and her famous outcue "Live, from the Mack-in-nack Ballroom" :rollin

Cheers to all.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:56 pm

"I demand to know who you are while I remain anonymous".

Sure, stomp your foot a few more times while we all wait to see how this turns out.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:06 pm

Lighten up Francis. Baby want a bottle?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:45 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:23 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:43 pm
Newsman123 wrote:

You need talent to say Saline? Didn’t realize that.

There are a couple of people on WWJ I am positive I can outread. Erin V is one. The young black woman whose name is escaping me is another. Both are so bad at it that it’s low hanging fruit.
This, from a guy who was probably passed over for dispatcher gig at the bus garage... How many radio stations have you managed? How many on-air personalities have you hired? While I don't personally know Erin V, she seems to have the right personality for nights on an all news station. She's more laid back and conversational. I actually enjoy some of the long form interviews. It's not a "hustle and bustle" daypart.

As for young reporters, when you hire them, young reporters is what you get. For years, Detroit has been a "training ground" for new talent, and I am not going to pretend to understand that. If you are callously referring to Alexis Ware, I think she has great potential. She has a pleasant voice, and her stories are well written. Give her a chance, for God sakes. I remember when Carmen Harlan was reading the news on W4 back in 1978-79. Nobody had ever heard of her either.

Believe me, there are people on WWJ that I don't care for. One of the weekend anchors has a sing-songy delivery that I find unnatural, and painful to listen to. If he's on, I get the information I need (usually traffic) and cut out fast. I can't stand it, and he's been on there, doing that for years. It makes me wonder what former WWJ bosses Roger Nadel, or Ken Beck would think...

As for Jim Hughes, and Alexis, You both sound good. You don't sound forced, or unnatural. You're on WWJ. That makes you a public figure. There will be slings and arrows from time to time. Newsman123 is right. Don't worry about it. I still remember the great Florence Walton, and her famous outcue "Live, from the Mack-in-nack Ballroom" :rollin

Cheers to all.
Erin V halts her delivery and does an Uh… Um… thing and then continues on and it’s unexplainable because she doesn’t do it all the time. That’s not conversation though.. it’s simply terrible. It’s hard to listen to it. A smooth and continuous delivery is kind of mandatory in news radio I think. Halting speech with little rhyme or reason has nothing to do with being conversational.

Alexis Ware can be good sometimes… I was referring to her anchoring. It’s pretty bad.

And before you jump all over me too much I did work at and have a management role at my college radio station for 4 years. I decided at the end of that time to pursue other opportunities outside of the business because the constant dealing with overbearing personalities worried about people not liking their pronunciation of Saline is not worth it. Now that I drive a bus I could chew some of them up and spit them out. But that wasn’t the case then. Now I don’t have a boss over my shoulder (or down the hall from the studio) and I’m the captain of my own ship. Massive upgrade.

But the reading? FWIW I literally started reading out loud flawlessly when I was 5. It’s a quirk of mine. Forgive me for feeling that someone getting PAID for it should be as good as I am at the minimum and not sounding like the kids in 4th grade the teacher would call on and I would put my head on the desk and wonder why in gods name they couldn’t read smoothly.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:03 pm

I wouldn't waste time being lectured by Flagg. He obviously doesn't have any of that experience either.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:09 pm

I got you all beat. I played a song.....

....that was NOT on the playlist!!!

🤣

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:45 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:09 pm

🤣
Rebel…

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:10 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:

🤣

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:17 pm

dial-it-in wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:10 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

I am the baddest bad ass to ever bad ass in the history of bad assing

🤣
I am the baddest bad ass to ever bad ass in the history of bad assing. The playlist is sacred. It is hallowed. And I dared stray from it!!!

-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:03 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:45 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

🤣
Rebel…
Off the Meds, Goonies or Ratt?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:09 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:03 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:45 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

🤣
Rebel…
Off the Meds, Goonies or Ratt?
None. I put a song out over the air that wasn't researched, tested and slotted in. Business closed, women wept in the streets and the GM rushed in and changed formats.

-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic