Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Nielsen Radio Ratings for May

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Greg Buben

Nielsen Radio Ratings for May

Post by Greg Buben » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:41 am

I noticed that the top five remain in the same order with WCSX, The Ticket, WKQI, WNIC, and WYCD. WOMC came in num-
ber 6, WMXD number 7, and WRIF dropped to number 8. So much for the successful stations in the Detroit market. I'm still
wondering when Audacy will change their bottom feeder 98.7 FM to a WWJ all news simulcast. I'm also wondering if the
I Heart people will do anything about WLLZ to make them more competitive with WCSX as a classic rock station. The other
bottom feeder I'm wondering about is WDRQ. If Family Life Radio really is going to buy WDRQ how long will they take to flip
it to a Christian format and how will they make it sound different from WMUZ?
As much as I don't like the modern major label country hits I do wonder if maybe I Heart or Beasley might want to go
up against WYCD with WDRQ out of the way. Perhaps one of those companies can do better than what Cumulus did
with WDRQ. That certainly would be an interesting move. If I-Heart flipped one of their stations perhaps they could get
some of the old B-93 air talent to come to Detroit. I think that could be possible without WDRQ.

armchair pd

Re: Nielsen Radio Ratings for May

Post by armchair pd » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:03 pm

Greg Buben wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:41 am
I noticed that the top five remain in the same order with WCSX, The Ticket, WKQI, WNIC, and WYCD. WOMC came in num-
ber 6, WMXD number 7, and WRIF dropped to number 8. So much for the successful stations in the Detroit market. I'm still
wondering when Audacy will change their bottom feeder 98.7 FM to a WWJ all news simulcast. I'm also wondering if the
I Heart people will do anything about WLLZ to make them more competitive with WCSX as a classic rock station. The other
bottom feeder I'm wondering about is WDRQ. If Family Life Radio really is going to buy WDRQ how long will they take to flip
it to a Christian format and how will they make it sound different from WMUZ?
As much as I don't like the modern major label country hits I do wonder if maybe I Heart or Beasley might want to go
up against WYCD with WDRQ out of the way. Perhaps one of those companies can do better than what Cumulus did
with WDRQ. That certainly would be an interesting move. If I-Heart flipped one of their stations perhaps they could get
some of the old B-93 air talent to come to Detroit. I think that could be possible without WDRQ.
1) 6+ numbers don't mean dick
2) No one's flipping to country anytime soon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic