Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fox 2’s OTA signal

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
ZenithCKLW

Re: Fox 2’s OTA signal

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:49 am

I used to have a beautiful starburst clock in that space. That clock received/receives lots of compliments. It got displaced when the stupid TV went up there. I have a mid-century house that has an unusual brick fireplace shape with ledges that are staggered, so I'm surprised the TV even fits there. I hate that big ugly black rectangle up there. I might have mentioned that. LOL

The current remote was the best compromise I could find that controls the OTA TV tuning, separate sound bar, and Roku functions. The only thing it doesn't do that hinders in my operation of the TV is press Enter and lock the volume control through the sound bar. I tried countless others before then, and I have a few Bright House/Spectrum remotes leftover from when I had cable. I ultimately ended up not using them because they didn't control the Roku functions and I want to avoid hearing the bitching of having more than one remote.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:43 am

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:16 am

It would probably make more sense to mount the fireplace above the tv, since most fireplaces are just gas "display" units anyways and not burning real wood, nor really heating the house.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:20 am

Good article. No amount of articles, subreddits, alternative options, threat of heat and soot damage, differing opinions, and actual pain in my neck can convince the boss of the house to get rid of that damn TV off the fireplace.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:08 pm

I figured women were responsible for the overwhelming majority of decisions to mount flat panel TVs above tall fireplace mantels. :blink

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:21 pm

We don't keep our TV in the front room. Our front room is seating and end tables. When folks come to visit, we laugh and talk and look at each other, not the wall.

One of the back bedrooms has the TV, a love seat and a recliner. It's more set up as a place to read and doze off. It's not a room people that don't live here go in.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:14 pm

When I was house shopping several years back, I indeed saw several homes with no TV in the living room. You are definitely not alone in that regard.

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:04 am

Why is WJBK the only major network channel in Detroit still broadcasting in 720p?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic