Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Some drama at Loco 4

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
tivoking

Re: Some drama at Loco 4

Post by tivoking » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:03 am

dial-it-in wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:59 am
Hes been given the boot at 2 and now 4. Coincidence or the start of a trend?
Carr was let go at 2 as part of a mass layoff. Anyone who's contract was up, was let go. They only brought back Lee Thomas because many attacked Fox for letting him go. Carr got hired by WDIV the next day.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:48 am

If Carr does indeed end up at CBS News Detroit, it will be within a couple weeks. I don’t think he will be out of work for long.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:28 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:48 am
If Carr does indeed end up at CBS News Detroit, it will be within a couple weeks. I don’t think he will be out of work for long.
They’ve hired a staff of nobody’s… that ain’t changing.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:19 pm

If Jason Carr wants to work again in TV, he will need to move. Word has it that DIV sent a emailed memo to staff warning them not to talk about Carr.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:24 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:28 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Actually, they have some decent hires. A couple came from a top five market. Nice try!!

Let’s stick to the topic about Jason Carr. Thank you!

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:28 pm

Editorcj wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:19 pm
If Jason Carr wants to work again in TV, he will need to move. Word has it that DIV sent a emailed memo to staff warning them not to talk about Carr.
No shocker here. However, this shouldn’t effect another station’s decision to hire him. WDIV‘s issue is internal and shouldn’t cause him to be blacklisted.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:42 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:28 pm
Editorcj wrote:
No shocker here. However, this shouldn’t effect another station’s decision to hire him. WDIV‘s issue is internal and shouldn’t cause him to be blacklisted.
If he's seen as a bad apple management at another station would be loathe to take him on I think. Why would 7 or 62 think the third time would be any different than the first two?
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:24 pm
Rate This wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Actually, they have some decent hires. A couple came from a top five market. Nice try!!

That was on topic... You mentioned they might hire him and I pointed out that they have so far not hired any known to this market talent and there is no reason for that to change at this point. A top 5 market person doesn't mean much outside of the bubble.
Last edited by Rate This on Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deadend

Post by deadend » Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:45 pm

I’m glad he’s off tv. He’s another arrogant jerk and I hope this humbles him.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:01 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:42 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Editorcj wrote:
If he's seen as a bad apple management at another station would be loathe to take him on I think. Why would 7 or 62 think the third time would be any different than the first two?
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Rate This wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:

That was on topic... You mentioned they might hire him and I pointed out that they have so far not hired any known to this market talent and there is no reason for that to change at this point. A top 5 market person doesn't mean much outside of the bubble.
The last paragraph has nothing to do with Jason Carr or another station’s interest in hiring him. Nothing!

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:27 pm

deadend wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:45 pm
I’m glad he’s off tv. He’s another arrogant jerk and I hope this humbles him.
I agree. He’s always rubbed me the wrong way. Truthfully, I think it would be bad if 7 or 62 were to hire him. It would be worse for 62, since they will be soon be the new kids on the block. He’s high risk, yet high reward. However, I don’t think he’s worth the risk at this point. He definitely would be a bad for for 7.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:31 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:01 pm
Rate This wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Editorcj wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Rate This wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:

The last paragraph has nothing to do with Jason Carr or another station’s interest in hiring him. Nothing!
Ok… let’s do this slowly… 62 isn’t going to hire him. What evidence do we have? They have so far hired mostly unknown and small market talent. It is unlikely they would spring for someone who’s already been canned from two stations here. Now it’s right on topic.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:40 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:31 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Rate This wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Editorcj wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Rate This wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:

Ok… let’s do this slowly… 62 isn’t going to hire him. What evidence do we have? They have so far hired mostly unknown and small market talent. It is unlikely they would spring for someone who’s already been canned from two stations here. Now it’s right on topic.
All you had to say buddy!! God bless :).

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:41 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:40 pm
Rate This wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Rate This wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Editorcj wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Rate This wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:

I said it three different ways…
:?

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:44 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:41 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:40 pm
Rate This wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Rate This wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Editorcj wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Rate This wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:

I said it three different ways…
:?
At the end of the day, it’s their choice. I just don’t always act like a know it all. Again, we will just agree to disagree. All is well.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:08 pm

tivoking wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:03 am
dial-it-in wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:59 am
Hes been given the boot at 2 and now 4. Coincidence or the start of a trend?
Carr was let go at 2 as part of a mass layoff. Anyone who's contract was up, was let go. They only brought back Lee Thomas because many attacked Fox for letting him go. Carr got hired by WDIV the next day.
So, to summarize...
Hes been given the boot at 2 and now 4.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic