Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Country oldies in Dee-troit

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 15915

Country oldies in Dee-troit

Post by Deleted User 15915 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:32 pm

Old Duke's in The U.P but sometimes me and The Mrs. head on down to The Deetroit area, to visit The one part of the family that are Yankees.

Anyhoodleedo, I've noticed there ain't no station that plays old country, like 70s 80s and some 90s stuff. It's all this new stuff where they got this guy rapin and crappin, and makin his voice sound all dab gum funny. Brother that ain't country!

Now.. readin the ratings 99.5fm does real good and that 93.1 I guess does ok. So if there doin good, why don't they got an oldies country station or whatever you wanna call it.

Good lord knows they got enough of that rap crap and that 101.1, how many damn commercials they gonna play! Old Duke don't got time for that gol dern stuff. Then you got all this talk radio junk.

Come now! play some good stuff.

-Old Duke.

Graham Wellington

Re: Country oldies in Dee-troit

Post by Graham Wellington » Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:56 pm

Yeeee Hawwww! Howdy pardner, I reckon I do agree with yall. We got all these dern big city folk running these stations and its all the hippin and the hoppin and the bippin and the boppin. I say its time they give us country boys the reigns and let us spin some Willie, Cash, and Jennings! These city folk never had a lick of sense anyhow.

Deleted User 15915

Post by Deleted User 15915 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:55 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:56 pm
Yeeee Hawwww! Howdy pardner, I reckon I do agree with yall. We got all these dern big city folk running these stations and its all the hippin and the hoppin and the bippin and the boppin. I say its time they give us country boys the reigns and let us spin some Willie, Cash, and Jennings! These city folk never had a lick of sense anyhow.
It ain't so bad up where I am but I could never live in one of them big city areas. Man, I get the shakes drivin around with all these dab burn expressway exits and all. I guess ya gotta think different in the city.

These fellas with these skinny pants and askin for a vegan option. Thinkin there a damn rabbit.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:32 pm

Old Duke wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:55 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
It ain't so bad up where I am but I could never live in one of them big city areas. Man, I get the shakes drivin around with all these dab burn expressway exits and all. I guess ya gotta think different in the city.

These fellas with these skinny pants and askin for a vegan option. Thinkin there a damn rabbit.
Durn tootin friend, the city life ain't for me! There are some of those dang fool skinny pants wearin' fellers on this board - they know who they are. There some good folk here though. One feller hates technology and anything invented after 1982 - real stand-up guy.

Deleted User 15915

Post by Deleted User 15915 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:46 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:32 pm
Old Duke wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:55 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:

Durn tootin friend, the city life ain't for me! There are some of those dang fool skinny pants wearin' fellers on this board - they know who they are. There some good folk here though. One feller hates technology and anything invented after 1982 - real stand-up guy.
Hey brother! I still listen to my cassette tapes. I got me one of these cell phones but it don't work outside the area I live in.

Ah well Old Duke don't care, long as I'm happy. Busch beer, fritos, pizza, and all in the family re-runs.

-Old Duke

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:27 am

All I can say is... thank God I live within listening range of 94.1 Duke FM. Should be an easy listen if you're in Washtenaw or far western Oakland County (provided you're away from Family Life's 94.1 translator).
The closest thing we've had recently penetrating the heart of the Detroit area is when 93.1 HD2 was Nash Icon (it's also on 98.3 in Monroe County and the Toledo area). However, Nash Icon plays too much country rap (crap) type stuff for my taste. I think WYCD has a '90s show on Sunday mornings and they play the occasional throwback, but that's it.
In Monroe County, try Buckeye Country 103.7 WCKY... except when they carry Bobby Bones weekday mornings.
WMIC 660 AM in Sandusky also plays classic country weekday mornings. They come in fairly well in central and northern Macomb County.
And if you don't mind some Canadian content, there's CFCO 630 AM on Sunday mornings/early afternoons. WQTE 95.3 FM in Adrian also carries the syndicated Original Country Gold with Rowdy Yates on Saturday night. I've always liked that program.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:20 am

95.9 in Windsor mixes in some classics on occasion as part of its regular playlist (mostly from 90s onward).
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Tman

Post by Tman » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:15 pm

Hey Partners . !0-4 on Duke FM . Good stream bit also .

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:59 pm

We could definitely use a classic country station, but just 80s and 90s. 70s is pushing it
Music is my life.

mikemach

Post by mikemach » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:39 am

I listen to 102.9 WWWW country out of Ann Arbor fairly regularly. They do mix in some 90's stuff, it seems even more frequently lately.

KeenerGold

Post by KeenerGold » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:15 am

Not really the Detroit metro, but WSAQ-FM Port Huron (107.1) plays five hours of classic country on Sunday mornings, 7:00am-noon, and has classics mixed in to their regular playlist.

Michiganviewer

Post by Michiganviewer » Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:19 pm

What ever happen to that country music festival that was put on in Downtown Detroit?

It used to be very crowded and popular when I went once. Shoulder to shoulder.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:25 am

Michiganviewer wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:19 pm
What ever happen to that country music festival that was put on in Downtown Detroit?

It used to be very crowded and popular when I went once. Shoulder to shoulder.
The He-down? 106.7 used to sponsor it, then after W4 became Alice, then 99.5 took the reigns. I've never gone to that one but I wonder if maybe Covid killed it? like many other things.

Ukraine people have not suffered anything yet. Try being a Detroit Lions fan for over 60 years.

Oh man! I'm showing my dad this. :lol

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:17 pm

It was moved to Riverside Park one year, I think, and then to Pine Knob as a paid concert.

Most of the country radio festivals that used to occur in Michigan are either a thing of the past or have become scaled down concerts as opposed to weekend long festivals.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:00 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:17 pm
It was moved to Riverside Park one year, I think, and then to Pine Knob as a paid concert.

Most of the country radio festivals that used to occur in Michigan are either a thing of the past or have become scaled down concerts as opposed to weekend long festivals.
I can only imagine why that is...
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic