Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Family Life Radio WUFL To Transfer To Relevant Radio

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
audiophile

Re: Family Life Radio WUFL To Transfer To Relevant Radio

Post by audiophile » Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:44 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:29 pm
Sounds like the switch to Relevant Radio has taken place. I'm hearing their programming on the 94.3 translator right now, which is broadcasting in monaural (good decision).
Makes you wonder if FLR broadcasted in monaural if they would have made difference in staying in the market. Females cannot stand white noise.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:39 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:44 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:29 pm
Sounds like the switch to Relevant Radio has taken place. I'm hearing their programming on the 94.3 translator right now, which is broadcasting in monaural (good decision).
Makes you wonder if FLR broadcasted in monaural if they would have made difference in staying in the market. Females cannot stand white noise.
Extends the range of the signal, less power spent on the pilot and the stereo sub-channels.

Less white noise too because the audio cuts off at 15kHz, but lets be candid, their listeners endure AM to get their fix of Sky Daddy, they'll endure a little white noise.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:38 am

Oh! I'll have to take a little drive today, so I can pick up 1030am better. Are the new call letters in place?

Relevant has been broadcasting on 1520am WPAY Rossford/Toledo since late last fall.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:13 pm

CBC Radio One in Canada has always been in mono. The 93.5 FM signal from London goes about as far to the southwest as what FM 96 does.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:42 pm

Yup. 93.5 still comes in around these parts quite often during tropo.

95.9 is a much more uncommon catch since CJWF delivers a Grade B signal to my neck of the woods. Interestingly enough, 95.9 CFPL-FM *can* be heard pretty commonly during tropo in areas 30 or 40 miles to my west.

For those curious, Relevant Radio's programming seems to mostly consist of call-in talk shows, and I've also heard mass, of course. I've not heard any music programming. I suspect Family Life Radio listeners have left "en masse" (pun intended).
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:45 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:42 pm
Yup. 93.5 still comes in around these parts quite often during tropo.

95.9 is a much more uncommon catch since CJWF delivers a Grade B signal to my neck of the woods. Interestingly enough, 95.9 CFPL-FM *can* be heard pretty commonly during tropo in areas 30 or 40 miles to my west.

For those curious, Relevant Radio's programming seems to mostly consist of call-in talk shows, and I've also heard mass, of course. I've not heard any music programming. I suspect Family Life Radio listeners have left "en masse" (pun intended).
Man, I easily get 95.9 here in Brighton on my receiver in the BASEMENT with almost no trouble. And even with WHNN poking in at 96.1
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:39 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic