Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

October Ratings

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Greg Buben

October Ratings

Post by Greg Buben » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:45 pm

I noticed the October radio ratings for the largest markets including Detroit just came out. The Classic Rock station
WCSX is number one with a 7.4% share. WCSX does a great job and they always beat WLLZ. WCSX is a wonderful station
and it's the best not only in the Detroit area but it is so much better than all of the classic rock stations in all of Michigan
including WLAV, WMMQ, and all other classic rock stations in the state. Perhaps Beasley could purchase some stations
in other Michigan markets and offer a good classic rock station in other parts of Michigan.
I didn't expect the sports station "The Ticket" to become Detroit's number two station but they did achieve that ranking
with a 7.1% share. I thought that was strange. The Classic Hits station WOMC dropped to number three with a 6.8% share.
I still think WOMC could use some classic hits competition and preferably a classic hits station that includes 60's hits plus
the 70's and 80's hits that WOMC plays. Beasley also had another winner with active rock station WRIF in fourth place and
they had a 6.2% share. WRIF demonstrates that Detroit is still a market that rocks.
That is my commentary on the top four stations in the Detroit area for the October ratings. Before I end this I'll say
that it's been two years now since Audacy flipped 98.7 FM to modern alternative rock and if any station should flip it
should be WDZH. I would agree with others that making it WWJ-FM with an all news simulcast is a good idea.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: October Ratings

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:03 pm

WCSX bores me to tears.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:15 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:03 pm
WCSX bores me to tears.
Which is probably why they're #1. "When you lower your standards, you broaden your base".

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

48125er

Post by 48125er » Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:28 am

Classic rock in Detroit IS SHIT

windsor

Post by windsor » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:51 am

Its not that CSX is a wonderful station. Its just tapped into a large audience that loves to hear the same tunes for the zillionth time.
The jocks are nothing special listening to Bill MAC alister is like watching paint dry.
But I agree Detroit is a rock radio market always has been.

I dont even hit up Classic Rewind on SXM. I cant stomach those tunes anymore Id rather listen even Yayht Rock radio than hear 2 tickets to paradise again.

Just my 2 cents....

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:45 am

windsor wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:51 am
Its not that CSX is a wonderful station. Its just tapped into a large audience that loves to hear the same tunes for the zillionth time.
The jocks are nothing special listening to Bill MAC alister is like watching paint dry.
But I agree Detroit is a rock radio market always has been.

I dont even hit up Classic Rewind on SXM. I cant stomach those tunes anymore Id rather listen even Yayht Rock radio than hear 2 tickets to paradise again.

Just my 2 cents....
Yacht rule rules :hat

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:35 pm

93.1 has really caught up to WYCD as of late. 98.7 is stuck in the low 2s as usual.

I'm over classic rock and active rock radio. So boring.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:26 pm

I liked CSX a bit better when Doug Podell and Steve Kostan were on there.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic