Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Sunday Morning "Post Modern" show on Fault 98.7 might be going away

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: The Sunday Morning "Post Modern" show on Fault 98.7 might be going away

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:28 pm

It’s Audacy. I wouldn’t take anything for granted.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:18 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:41 pm
Didn't know Alt had a show like that, If anyone in that building had a clue they would bring in Cristina https://www.mixcloud.com/CristinaRocks/
^^^^

This. 100%.

Holly Hutton works in that building. I've said all along it's surprising she is not involved in any way with Alt 98.7.
I’ll take Cristina or Holly to do a show like Post Modern. Or if they want to originate the show out of another market, I’ll take that too. If that’s too much to ask, if they could just sprinkle the songs from that show into the playlist, that’d be great. There’s only so much “Wonderwall”, “Under the Bridge”, and “Santeria” I can tolerate.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:59 am

Apparently, there is a rumor going around that 98.7 will flip November 14th. Heard this from a friend who works at Audacy. Cannot verify it as fact obviously.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:50 am

It's hard to tell what has the worst job security.

Being a member of Guns N Roses

Or working in radio.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:16 pm

I know it won't happen, but bring back 98.7 the Breeze. The ratings were just fine and nobody demanded an alternative station in Detroit.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:33 pm

If the November 14th change turns out to be true, it might be the last time we hear Alternative on a full powered FM in Detroit.

Although I would welcome the return of 89x that won't happen anytime soon. I think there would be a better chance of Bell blowing Virgin 93-9, and it might not become Alternative when that day comes. From what I can tell a Country station with a slightly lower rating than a CHR is still more valuable to a broadcaster.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:05 pm

Remember, Bell is no longer doing anything with Detroit. These format flips on 88.7 and 93.9 were designed to bring national brands to Windsor. If Bell started a national Alternative brand, maybe they’d flip one of them, but don’t hold your breath. Hate to say it, but nationally Alternative has been in decline for awhile. If 98.7 flips, I’d say the chances of it ever returning to Detroit are microscopic.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:17 pm

I agree that Bell abandoned the Detroit market, and the CRTC in Canada is solely responsible for that. Remember how the former owners of the Top 40 version of 800 CKLW tried to launch 94 Fox FM in the 1980's.

Moving Oldies to 93.9 and then letting CKWW run itself as Funny 580 (which would have near zero ratings, but is the cheapest thing you could do with it) might be something they would consider.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic