Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mugging in the Michigan tunnel

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Mugging in the Michigan tunnel

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:11 pm

Valenti and Beard were insufferable douche bags at the top of the 5p hour.

Valenti in particular seems more interested harping on Harbaugh. He did at least say the guy who swung the helmet deserves to be kicked off the MSU team permanently.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:19 pm

Yes, the guys who are always complaining that the only team anyone talks about is Michigan are talking about...Michigan.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:21 pm

Excellent point.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:40 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:41 am
As intense as the Ohio State/Michigan rivalry is, we’ve never seen crap like this from either team. You know why? Because there’s a great deal of respect between each school and the rivalry, despite their rivalry being intense. There’s a reason why it’s called the best rivalry in college football.

The fact that the MSU President openly condemned this act speaks a lot of volumes. There’s zero excuse for this kind of behavior and to be truthful, assault is a felony in the state of Michigan. Like I said, anyone who tries to condemn this has serious issues, and not in a good way. They are revealing what’s truly in their hearts, which is pure hatred and evil. What happened on Saturday was pure wickedness.
There was a melee during one of the Ohio State-Michigan games a few years ago.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:13 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:56 am
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... an-st-game

Yet again, Sparty reverts to thug behavior, beating up a Michigan player who has an ACL injury. The Big Ten had better not sweep this under the rug. This horrific act deserves some serious punishment. What a punk move from a classless football program.

Let’s see what those clowns, Mike Valenti and Rico Beard have to say about this. They had better condemn this, or else I will lose even more respect for them.
Listened at the start of the show and the Five O'Clock top of the hour, Valenti & Rico made it sound as if UM was the aggressor and initiated the incident(s) in the tunnel, made Sparty out to be the victim...
Blamed Harbaugh (This stuff never happened before he was head coach)
Claims the video's don't show punches and kicks being thrown and at McBurrows...(He doesn't look Irish to me)
I'm sure the MSU players were discussing the plans they had to attend church Sunday morning when they were baited, and had no choice but to gang up on the UM player....

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:43 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:40 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:
As intense as the Ohio State/Michigan rivalry is, we’ve never seen crap like this from either team. You know why? Because there’s a great deal of respect between each school and the rivalry, despite their rivalry being intense. There’s a reason why it’s called the best rivalry in college football.

The fact that the MSU President openly condemned this act speaks a lot of volumes. There’s zero excuse for this kind of behavior and to be truthful, assault is a felony in the state of Michigan. Like I said, anyone who tries to condemn this has serious issues, and not in a good way. They are revealing what’s truly in their hearts, which is pure hatred and evil. What happened on Saturday was pure wickedness.

Team vs team, not 10 against one. Nice try!! And, all of this happened on the field, not off. Then head coaches Brady Hoke and Urban Meyer quickly broke it all up! Also, you didn’t have a single player from either team swing a helmet.
Last edited by Deleted User 7620 on Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:45 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:43 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:40 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:

Team vs team, not 10 against one. Nice try!!
It was a couple players from each team fighting and then the benches cleared dude. Don’t you have a CBS station to scope out or something?

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:46 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:13 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:

Yet again, Sparty reverts to thug behavior, beating up a Michigan player who has an ACL injury. The Big Ten had better not sweep this under the rug. This horrific act deserves some serious punishment. What a punk move from a classless football program.

Let’s see what those clowns, Mike Valenti and Rico Beard have to say about this. They had better condemn this, or else I will lose even more respect for them.
Listened at the start of the show and the Five O'Clock top of the hour, Valenti & Rico made it sound as if UM was the aggressor and initiated the incident(s) in the tunnel, made Sparty out to be the victim...
Claims the video's don't show punches and kicks being thrown and at McBurrows...(He doesn't look Irish to me)
I'm sure the MSU players were discussing the plans they had to attend church Sunday morning when they were baited, and had no choice but to gang up on the UM player....
Valenti and Rico lost even more respect from me!!

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:50 pm

https://www.wxyz.com/sports/new-video-i ... -m-players

Anyone who even tries to condone this horrific act have hearts that are pure evil!

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:40 am

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:46 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:13 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:

Valenti and Rico lost even more respect from me!!
I've pretty much stopped listening to these guys once Terry Foster left the show. The tribalism coming out of their mouths was disgusting. Caputo was on last night, he's an MSU grad but at least shows fairness and had a much different take than the Green and White show yesterday afternoon.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:40 am

Completely agree with lidoshuffle and Mr. Transistor.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:51 pm

The MSU players will all be kicked off the team once the investigation is done. In the second video I saw on Sun I saw a helmet used as a weapon and I see charges being filed I hope there will be some jail time more likely community service and a fine in my opinion.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:47 am

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:50 pm
https://www.wxyz.com/sports/new-video-i ... -m-players

Anyone who even tries to condone this horrific act have hearts that are pure evil!
Prior to this two hundred and fifty young men tried to cause bodily injury to each other on a grassy field in state sanctioned violence. It isn't just state sanctioned, it is for profit by a tax funded agency with a sports franchise that just happens to have a side hustle in higher education.

But this, *this* is too far.

Sholmes

Post by Sholmes » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:46 am

Here is my question. Why is the entire MSU team nsuspended? When you look at the ESPN tunnel cam you see the players come out of the locker room to watch. Where are those Spartan values? Why did the other members of the team not stop the attack rather than stand around a watch.

Society has gotten to used to if you loose beat up the winner. Now we have moved from politics to sports. A sad time for the US.

Shame on everyone at MSU Football and athletics in general. Where are the other coaches at not condemning this conduct and laying down the law to their players that you will be booted if you act like the football team? Why just suspend the players, boot them now from the team and take their precious scholarships away.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic