Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mugging in the Michigan tunnel

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

Mugging in the Michigan tunnel

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:56 am

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... an-st-game

Yet again, Sparty reverts to thug behavior, beating up a Michigan player who has an ACL injury. The Big Ten had better not sweep this under the rug. This horrific act deserves some serious punishment. What a punk move from a classless football program.

Let’s see what those clowns, Mike Valenti and Rico Beard have to say about this. They had better condemn this, or else I will lose even more respect for them.
Last edited by Deleted User 7620 on Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Mugging in the Michigan tunnel

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:50 am

I am actually optimistic Valenti will condemn the conduct of his team. We'll see Monday (assuming he shows up for his shift).

I agree the gang attack was classless, and the players who engaged in physical battery should be suspended for the rest of the season and possibly prosecuted.

I will compliment the local media, who have done a good job reporting what unfolded here.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:43 am

I only listen to the show for 6-10 minutes a day. But I thought Monday was all NFL and they saved college for Tuesday. Am I delusional?

I no longer directly engage trolls

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:45 am

What I don't understand is how that one Michigan player was in the tunnel at that point in a sea of white?

I no longer directly engage trolls

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:53 am

The Michigan player was reserve cornerback Ja'Den McBurrows, who has an existing knee injury:

https://larrybrownsports.com/college-fo ... ate/606385

One online post I read suggested he was being transported from the trainer's room to the team locker room at the time the incident occurred. Not sure if that's true or not.

MSU's outgoing President issued a statement this morning condemning his football team players' actions:

https://www.wlns.com/sports/ap-michigan ... cceptable/

What is unclear to me is whether or not there was, in fact, a second Michigan player entangled in the melee either before or after the time period captured by video.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:32 pm

This brings back memories of this:

Herm

Post by Herm » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:24 am

His knee looked pretty healthy as he was high skipping into the locker room WAY ahead of his teammates.
He obviously did not deserve what happened to him, but to paint this as a situation where this guy was just innocently being transported from one place to another is not accurate.

https://twitter.com/playboisparty/statu ... qYs2r2Z4uQ

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:57 am

Herm wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:24 am
His knee looked pretty healthy as he was high skipping into the locker room WAY ahead of his teammates.
He obviously did not deserve what happened to him, but to paint this as a situation where this guy was just innocently being transported from one place to another is not accurate.

Actually, his being in the tunnel is completely innocent. There are no post-game restrictions on which team goes first - and the presence of a home team player in the home stadium tunnel should not be offensive to a visiting player. If it is, that is on the visitor ... not the home player. If you've ever paid any attention or ever had to work at Michigan Stadium and been in that tunnel postgame, you'd know that it's always a mix of players from both teams entering immediately after the game ends.

Until Saturday, there was zero expectation of getting assaulted for merely being present no matter which team you played for.

Same theory goes for skipping / high-fiving a fan and overall being happy about a win. If you take offense, that's on you.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:58 am

Herm wrote:

No visual evidence. The fact that some are trying to condone this are truly revealing what’s in their heart. They must reevaluate their lives. Just sickening!!

Herm

Post by Herm » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:23 am

Robert Faygo wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:57 am
Herm wrote:

Actually, his being in the tunnel is completely innocent. There are no post-game restrictions on which team goes first - and the presence of a home team player in the home stadium tunnel should not be offensive to a visiting player. If it is, that is on the visitor ... not the home player. If you've ever paid any attention or ever had to work at Michigan Stadium and been in that tunnel postgame, you'd know that it's always a mix of players from both teams entering immediately after the game ends.

Until Saturday, there was zero expectation of getting assaulted for merely being present no matter which team you played for.

Same theory goes for skipping / high-fiving a fan and overall being happy about a win. If you take offense, that's on you.
I’m not offended. I have worked at Michigan Stadium before. I’m aware of teams mixing in the tunnel. I’m not making any excuses or condoning this attack. I’m just saying that any reports that paint this as an injured player being transported by training staff don’t pass the smell test.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:24 am

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:58 am
Herm wrote:

No visual evidence. The fact that some are trying to condone this are truly revealing what’s in their heart. They must reevaluate their lives. Just sickening!!
Someone is evaluating video… I don’t see anyone condoning anything.

Herm

Post by Herm » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:28 am

In my opinion, neither of these programs have a lot of class anymore.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:41 am

As intense as the Ohio State/Michigan rivalry is, we’ve never seen crap like this from either team. You know why? Because there’s a great deal of respect between each school and the rivalry, despite their rivalry being intense. There’s a reason why it’s called the best rivalry in college football.

The fact that the MSU President openly condemned this act speaks a lot of volumes. There’s zero excuse for this kind of behavior and to be truthful, assault is a felony in the state of Michigan. Like I said, anyone who tries to condemn this has serious issues, and not in a good way. They are revealing what’s truly in their hearts, which is pure hatred and evil. What happened on Saturday was pure wickedness.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:09 am

Herm wrote:

I’m not offended. I have worked at Michigan Stadium before. I’m aware of teams mixing in the tunnel. I’m not making any excuses or condoning this attack. I’m just saying that any reports that paint this as an injured player being transported by training staff don’t pass the smell test.
Gotcha, my bad. I didn’t see that reported out by anyone credible- thought it was just random incorrect fanboy Twitter / message board fodder.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:17 am

Herm wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:28 am
In my opinion, neither of these programs have a lot of class anymore.
100% agreed.

There used to be a certain decorum, pride, and respect that both schools would present both publicly and professionally.

For Michigan, a lot of that went away when Rodriguez took over and it’s never really come back. The Dave Brandon years were the worst by far.

Dantonio did things the right way for everything … except when it came to anything involving Michigan.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic