Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

September Nielsen Monthly

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
ChrisWL1980

September Nielsen Monthly

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:52 pm

https://ratings.radio-online.com/content/arb011

Highlights: WOMC retakes the lead, WJLB back down to normal levels (but Mix had a good monthly), New Country up to a 3.4! ALT and Fake Wheelz still flat, same old, same old. Not sure how much they're cuming but 97.1's stream is now within striking distance of beating Snot 107-5.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: September Nielsen Monthly

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:04 pm

I was surprised to see 93.1 at a 3.4.

I suspected WJLB's 7.9 was a fluke. I think a household or business with multiple PPM devices kept their radios locked on 97.9 around the clock. A 5.1 share is still very good, though!

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Greg Buben

Post by Greg Buben » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:16 pm

I noticed that WOMC was number one once again with Classic Hits. I think WOMC needs competition and I think Detroit
could use a classic hits that mixes in 60's hits along with the 70's and 80's hits heard on WOMC. Perhaps Cumulus could
flip WDRQ to this kind of classic hits station or maybe I-Heart could flip WLLZ to it. Obviously Audacy is successful with the
Classic Hits of the 70's and 80's but some 60's hits especially from artists still significant today would offer a wider variety
of hits in the mix. That format also could take away some listeners from the number two station WCSX the successful
classic rock station. Anyway, that is something that I-Heart and Cumulus could take into consideration.

edj

Post by edj » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:01 pm

Greg Buben wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:16 pm
I noticed that WOMC was number one once again with Classic Hits. I think WOMC needs competition and I think Detroit
could use a classic hits that mixes in 60's hits along with the 70's and 80's hits heard on WOMC. Perhaps Cumulus could
flip WDRQ to this kind of classic hits station or maybe I-Heart could flip WLLZ to it. Obviously Audacy is successful with the
Classic Hits of the 70's and 80's but some 60's hits especially from artists still significant today would offer a wider variety
of hits in the mix. That format also could take away some listeners from the number two station WCSX the successful
classic rock station. Anyway, that is something that I-Heart and Cumulus could take into consideration.
There's always CKWW but 500 watts on a directional AM doesn't do much.
Didn't 106.7 try that several times?

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:41 pm

edj wrote:
Greg Buben wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:16 pm
There's always CKWW but 500 watts on a directional AM doesn't do much.
Didn't 106.7 try that several times?
Nope, always classic rock each time. They did do variety hits for a bit before the botched “Alt” flip. They sounded damn good then.

I think everyone on Wheels fits just fine; just adjust the playlist to what it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

take this job and shove it

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:28 pm

I'm boycotting FM radio until one of these owners grows a pair and creates a format where I can hear Bon Jovi no less than 5 times a day.

Until then, podcasts it is.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:29 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:28 pm
I'm boycotting FM radio until one of these owners grows a pair and creates a format where I can hear Bon Jovi no less than 5 times a day.

On the way home tonight, I heard WLLZ play the Steve Miller Band "Take the Money and Run" followed immediately by Bon Jovi "You give love a bad Name" :x

There are THREE stations where I could potentially hear that same segue... and WLLZ wonders why they are dead last. The mid-90's version of WLLZ, with Gary Palmer as PD, and Jeff Pollack's "safe list" along with a carefully selected list of current AOR tracks was pretty bland, but it was leaps and bounds better than this.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:52 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:29 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

On the way home tonight, I heard WLLZ play the Steve Miller Band "Take the Money and Run" followed immediately by Bon Jovi "You give love a bad Name" :x

There are THREE stations where I could potentially hear that same segue... and WLLZ wonders why they are dead last. The mid-90's version of WLLZ, with Gary Palmer as PD, and Jeff Pollack's "safe list" along with a carefully selected list of current AOR tracks was pretty bland, but it was leaps and bounds better than this.
I will say it again and until they realize how shitty they are:

"Fuck you WLLZ and every decision making person there."

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:26 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:29 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

I really wish you had some kind of recordings or playlists or something to that effect. I do seem to recall WLLZ getting kind of boring around 1992-93 or so.

I always refer to that air check from 1995 where M. Dung plays a Megadeth current into a recurrent Tom Petty. Sheesh.

-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:28 am

https://youtu.be/hIiwiVvb0Rc

Jesus, they stop the music a lot.

-TurkeyTop

RadioRat

Post by RadioRat » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:25 pm

LOL at 96.3's rating. Cumulus gives DVD much more attention and resources and now they're behind WDRQ.

Hard to blame the Program Director as he is also responsible for New Country rising in the ratings in the face of increased competition in the genre.

Salaries will need to be adjusted if DVD is now the 15th most listened to station in Detroit.

WJR should be seeing a bigger election bump btw.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:08 am

RadioRat wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:25 pm
LOL at 96.3's rating. Cumulus gives DVD much more attention and resources and now they're behind WDRQ.

Hard to blame the Program Director as he is also responsible for New Country rising in the ratings in the face of increased competition in the genre.

Salaries will need to be adjusted if DVD is now the 15th most listened to station in Detroit.

I can't even tell what format 96.3 even is.
One poster said he listened for a while and it was a bunch of current female artists back to back, but I turned it on and 50 Cent was playing

Music is my life.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:12 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:08 am
RadioRat wrote:

I can't even tell what format 96.3 even is.
One poster said he listened for a while and it was a bunch of current female artists back to back, but I turned it on and 50 Cent was playing
I might sample 96.3 once a week at most, and it seems like it's always when they're playing "In Da Club".

-TurkeyTop

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:26 am

RadioRat wrote:

The PD is the first person to look to when a station tanks. Who else, the air talent that talks MAYBE 2 minutes an hour outside of morning drive? Ridiculous.

Salaries don't go up or down with ratings btw :lol

IIN4MU

Post by IIN4MU » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:16 pm

armchair pd wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:26 am
RadioRat wrote:

The PD is the first person to look to when a station tanks. Who else, the air talent that talks MAYBE 2 minutes an hour outside of morning drive? Ridiculous.

Salaries don't go up or down with ratings btw :lol
No argument there, but the Grand Rapids cluster is, well, a cluster f---, so why is the PD there still getting a paycheck?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic