Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WWJ overnight anchor Jim Matthews killed

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Rate This

Re: WWJ overnight anchor Jim Matthews killed

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:35 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:40 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:39 pm
Very informative article.

I'd love to know why a man previously convicted of assault with intent to murder and previously arrested multiple times for kidnapping was out on the streets as a free man.

We need to start seeing the names of inept judges or parole board members who make these terrible decisions.
Agreed, but if I explain who I believe is responsible, this discussion will turn political, and it won't be about Jim Matthews anymore. I guess we didn't learn anything from Michael Dukakis. On Mitch Albom this afternoon, Ken Brown was asking the same question...why was this guy out on the streets??? I am sure the boilerplate answer is probably "COVID" like it is for everything else. Jim's girlfriend isn't only "being held for observation" but is also on suicide watch, if what the Daily Mail says is true. That's brings up even more questions. Sad story.
I would bet money she blames herself for his death.

lush.rimbaugh

Post by lush.rimbaugh » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:44 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:57 pm
The Daily Mail seems to have a lot more information...

Unlike the sorry excuses that pass for "media" around here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ch-NA.html
The Daily Mail is based in the UK. There may be legal reasons US outlets are not allowed to report some of the facts at the moment.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:27 am

Still would be interested to know how the perp is related to the victims. So far a couple undisputed facts seem to be "he was a regular visitor at the address" and "he was let into the address voluntarily" (or something to that effect).

The guy has a bad, bad history of violence and served at least a couple terms in the Graybar Hotel and deserved to be in one for yet another convicted crime when this tragedy happened. I would certainly not want him around any children and likely not want him in my house either.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:41 am

km1125 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:27 am
Still would be interested to know how the perp is related to the victims. So far a couple undisputed facts seem to be "he was a regular visitor at the address" and "he was let into the address voluntarily" (or something to that effect).

The guy has a bad, bad history of violence and served at least a couple terms in the Graybar Hotel and deserved to be in one for yet another convicted crime when this tragedy happened. I would certainly not want him around any children and likely not want him in my house either.
The girlfriend met him at a church program for addicts. I have the feeling she volunteered there or something.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:05 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:41 am
km1125 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:27 am

The girlfriend met him at a church program for addicts. I have the feeling she volunteered there or something.
They met at an NA meeting. The meetings were held at a church. There's no mention of it being any type of "church program" just NA.

The Daily Mail apparently interviewed Jim's brother. That's what I am getting from reading the story.

Drug addiction leads to trouble. Jim Matthews appears to be a good guy, who just wanted a normal life. Jim and his kids are who I feel sorry for in this story.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:14 pm

What those children endured (and continue to endure) is incredibly heartbreaking.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:18 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:14 pm
What those children endured (and continue to endure) is incredibly heartbreaking.
and they will **never** be the same again.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:11 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:18 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:14 pm
and they will **never** be the same again.
Certainly the likelihood that they will become addicts just jumped dramatically. That is why you need to be careful with those who suffer from addiction, many of them suffered abuse and turn to drugs and alcohol as a means to escape.

If anything this incident will perpetuate that cycle unless they receive some very effective mental health care. In this country that's not likely.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:48 am

The girlfriend certainly comes across as a drug abusing loser who hangs out with other drug abusing losers:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 582214007/

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:29 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:48 am
The girlfriend certainly comes across as a drug abusing loser who hangs out with other drug abusing losers:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 582214007/
Lots of people in high positions are “drug abusing losers” and lots of others are “drug abusing loser adjacent”.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:09 pm

Hey.

Over six years clean from heroin, cocaine and alcohol.

Not all of us are loser scum that deserve to be locked under the prison.

I'm now married, have two stepdaughters, two dogs, a house and a high ranking position in the company I work for.

It's stereotypes like that that keep people hiding in shame and continuing their use.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:01 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:09 pm
Hey.

Over six years clean from heroin, cocaine and alcohol.

Not all of us are loser scum that deserve to be locked under the prison.

I'm now married, have two stepdaughters, two dogs, a house and a high ranking position in the company I work for.

It's stereotypes like that that keep people hiding in shame and continuing their use.
Hopefully you didn’t take my comment the wrong way. I was attempting to make the point that lots of people use drugs and many of them are hardly losers. It’s literally everywhere which makes “The War On Drugs!” seem like a cartoonish joke. I inadvertently end up helping these folks out at work since the bus is a common way for them to go A to B over a longer distance. I feel bad for a lot of them frankly. But they still deserve to be treated nicely as long as they return the favor. Same as anybody else.

I’ve always said if people knew what everybody’s dark secrets and demons were society would either not function or the hierarchy would be totally reorganized.

Also that’s a great story… it’s a lot of hard work to get and then stay clean. :)

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:03 pm

Mega Hertz- good for you friend. I watched a long video on addiction- it really screws the person up. They are not scum, they are sick, and their brains crave a hit over food, sex, even basic living conditions. Very good people and families are wrecked. It is a tremendous feat re-teaching your brain and body how to live without the craving, physical as well as mental. I salute those who beat these addictions. Thanks for sharing your story...I equate staying sober with beating cancer- I really do. Now back to your radio newscast.
Has there been an update on the legal/criminal charges?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:26 am

Major kudos, Mega, for overcoming a major detriment and keeping clean! :D

Those who seek treatment for their substance addiction absolutely should be given that opportunity.

In stark contrast, I think Jim Matthews' girlfriend very much falls into the "loser" category. There are enough clues to suggest she isn't "clean."

Her good friend was murdered by a drug dealer, and she met her boyfriend's murderer (Arthur Williamson) via that same good friend. A sober, even semi-intelligent person would have qualms about that association. She evidently had no such qualms.

Jim probably went to work, and then Nicole and Arthur likely hung out and did drugs together from time to time. Other than a sexual affair (which seems unlikely), why else would ANOTHER MAN who isn't family be invited by Nicole to Jim's house???

It would not surprise me if the reason she moved in with Jim "around last Christmas" is because she got kicked out of wherever she lived before. Truly sad situation all around.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:22 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:26 am
Major kudos, Mega, for overcoming a major detriment and keeping clean! :D

Those who seek treatment for their substance addiction absolutely should be given that opportunity.

In stark contrast, I think Jim Matthews' girlfriend very much falls into the "loser" category. There are enough clues to suggest she isn't "clean."

Her good friend was murdered by a drug dealer, and she met her boyfriend's murderer (Arthur Williamson) via that same good friend. A sober, even semi-intelligent person would have qualms about that association. She evidently had no such qualms.

Jim probably went to work, and then Nicole and Arthur likely hung out and did drugs together from time to time. Other than a sexual affair (which seems unlikely), why else would ANOTHER MAN who isn't family be invited by Nicole to Jim's house???

It would not surprise me if the reason she moved in with Jim "around last Christmas" is because she got kicked out of wherever she lived before. Truly sad situation all around.
Without meeting and talking to the woman I’m not willing to make so many assumptions… you should tread lightly here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic