Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Roberta Jasina Loses her job

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Michiganviewer

Roberta Jasina Loses her job

Post by Michiganviewer » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:42 pm

https://www.freep.com/story/entertainme ... 835401001/

Are you buying the budget cut story? I would if she was 40 years old.

Colonel Flagg

Re: Roberta Jasina Loses her job

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:49 pm

WWJ has been sounding more and more bush league lately. This will only accelerate that process, whether you liked Roberta or not... Jonathan Carlson, anchoring by himself, will be a snoozer of epic proportions.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:55 pm

I loved Roberta Jasina. She always was like an old friend when I would listen. I will probably listen less.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:16 pm

Whatever happened to Age Discrimination being against the law? If she doesn't get a golden parachute, she should consider doing something about it. If WJR was smart, they would hire her. Probably a non compete in her contract though. Maybe settle for a big golden parachute otherwise, and a longer noncompete.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

edj

Post by edj » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:25 pm

Never cared for her. Something about her delivery. WWJ does have worse though, like the young evening or weekend guy who stumbles constantly. The traffic reporters are also not great except for Dennis Neubacher and KT.

rushbuzz1013

Post by rushbuzz1013 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:50 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:16 pm
Whatever happened to Age Discrimination being against the law?

She is lucky she lasted beyond age 65 with that organization.
Last edited by rushbuzz1013 on Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:04 pm

By far the worst part of this ordeal - her husband was diagnosed with cancer the day after Audacy downsized her. I feel terrible for Roberta and her family.

I would not wish that one-two punch on anybody.

I certainly do hope she received a generous severance package.

The fact she wasn't allowed a final opportunity to say "good bye" on the air does not sit well with my, either. I was not that big of a fan of her work, but she's earned that right, in my opinion.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:05 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:04 pm
By far the worst part of this ordeal - her husband was diagnosed with cancer the day after Audacy downsized her. I feel terrible for Roberta and her family.

I would not wish that one-two punch on anybody.

I certainly do hope she received a generous severance package.
It’s bullshit.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:06 pm

Audacy has been sounding like the old Clear Channel lately.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:08 pm

I predicted David Field and crew would do this the day the CBS Radio - Entercom marriage occurred.

Remember when Audacy (Entercom) fired staffers as stations were spinning Christmas music?

Detroit actually hasn't fallen victim to the budget ax quite as badly as some of their other markets.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:08 pm

CBS 62 should consider hiring Roberta in some capacity.

I assume WWJ will move either Jackie Paige, Brooke Allen, or Erin Vermeulen to mornings, unless JoAnne Purtan is moved from WOMC to WWJ.

For those who do not follow the radio industry, Audacy recently announced it would be eliminating about five percent of its workforce and has eliminated various on-air and programming positions across the country this week. Her dismissal was one of the more notable ones. Two morning hosts at 98.7 KLUV in Dallas, the morning host at 94.1 The Sound in Seattle, the morning host at KQMT in Denver, and the OM/PD of 98Rock and Classic Rock KSEG in Sacramento were also let go, among others.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:46 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:08 pm
CBS 62 should consider hiring Roberta in some capacity.

I assume WWJ will move either Jackie Paige, Brooke Allen, or Erin Vermeulen to mornings, unless JoAnne Purtan is moved from WOMC to WWJ.

For those who do not follow the radio industry, Audacy recently announced it would be eliminating about five percent of its workforce and has eliminated various on-air and programming positions across the country this week. Her dismissal was one of the more notable ones. Two morning hosts at 98.7 KLUV in Dallas, the morning host at 94.1 The Sound in Seattle, the morning host at KQMT in Denver, and the OM/PD of 98Rock and Classic Rock KSEG in Sacramento were also let go, among others.
Fuck Audacy and their fucking app.

Audacity sucks.

mikemach

Post by mikemach » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:21 am

I was a big fan of both her and Joe Donovan, I am bummed out by this. I'd like her to land at WJR, but I like the format of WWJ much more when I want some news or traffic.

non-anon bob

Post by non-anon bob » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:28 am

Once again, Tim Roberts and Debbie Kenyon demonstrate that they have NO BALLS to fight for their long-term, highly rated air talent. In Roberta's case, this is clear-cut AGE DISCRIMINATION. If David Field's Audacy really wanted to save salary money, Roberts and Kenyon both should get the axe. F-CK You Both! >:

...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:36 am

I do not believe Tim Roberts has any involvement in WWJ.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic