Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Roberta Jasina Loses her job

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
WOHO

Re: Roberta Jasina Loses her job

Post by WOHO » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:36 am

Age discrimination is real. Interesting, I was at the same place for 34 years, and the top 3 seniority people got cut when new owners came in. It's bullcrap. Then, you're trying to get another job and you have tons of experience, but all they look at is what year you graduated from college, do the math, and you don't even get the 2nd interview. Severance package- not what they tell you it would be. Unpaid vacation, nope, prorated for half the year. Companies expect the best, and you get the shaft and find yourself starting all over again as you have to work another 10 years before you can retire.
Am I bitter.
Yes.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:58 pm

WOHO wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:36 am
Age discrimination is real. Interesting, I was at the same place for 34 years, and the top 3 seniority people got cut when new owners came in. It's bullcrap. Then, you're trying to get another job and you have tons of experience, but all they look at is what year you graduated from college, do the math, and you don't even get the 2nd interview. Severance package- not what they tell you it would be. Unpaid vacation, nope, prorated for half the year. Companies expect the best, and you get the shaft and find yourself starting all over again as you have to work another 10 years before you can retire.
Am I bitter.
Yes.
I would say "get a good lawyer", but the corporatists make it very hard to sue on the basis of age discrimination.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

riggs

Post by riggs » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:52 am

She's been there a very long time and has probably had a lot of raises and makes more than they want to pay. It's sorta-kinda age-related that way.

Sidney sit down, relax, have a sandwich, drink a glass of milk, do some fucking thing

franko75

Post by franko75 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:23 am

The good ones are leaving not on their own accord

Victor Victrola

Post by Victor Victrola » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:26 pm

I just went to listen to the early morning forecast on WWJ and noticed on the "guide" that it just says "WWJ mornings" and the Roberta and Jonathan C picture is now gone, but also noticed that overnight news anchor Jim Matthews picture/name is gone. I noticed Greg Bowman has been on the last few overnights. Didn't pay much attention to it as I thought Jim Matthews was on vacation - maybe Jim is gone too? He's not been there that long - didn't he take over when Rob Sanford was let go?

It is never too late to be what you might have become. ~George Eliot

Newsman123

Post by Newsman123 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:05 pm

No one else is gone. Just issues with the app according to a source. Greg B is part time and fills in when folks are out sick.

Victor Victrola

Post by Victor Victrola » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:50 pm

OK, I was kind of surprised if he was gone. I usually don't listen to overnights, unless I catch the midnight news.

It is never too late to be what you might have become. ~George Eliot

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:33 am

Mr. Carlson has improved on-air since beginning to do the morning drive anchoring duties solo.

Not having to hear Roberta's cheesy on-air mannerisms is a breath of fresh air.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:02 am

franko75 wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:23 am
The good ones are leaving not on their own accord
If they are that good, and worth the money, wouldn't someone else snap them up quickly??

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:50 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:33 am
Mr. Carlson has improved on-air since beginning to do the morning drive anchoring duties solo.
You've got to be kidding. To me, he sounds bored, and frustrated at times. He needs a co-anchor. He's too bland and vanilla to anchor mornings solo. Compare his level of enthusiasm to that of Dennis Neubacher. It's the news version of a trainwreck segue.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:59 pm

I'd say he sounds relaxed. I, too, would like to hear two anchors in morning drive. Was never a big Roberta fan, although I'll be the first to say Audacy did her wrong by not allowing her one final broadcast to say good bye.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:18 pm

Bring back Bill Rapata!!

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:22 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:59 pm
I'd say he sounds relaxed. I, too, would like to hear two anchors in morning drive. Was never a big Roberta fan, although I'll be the first to say Audacy did her wrong by not allowing her one final broadcast to say good bye.
MW, I am trying to like the guy, don't get me wrong. Also, I am sure he didn't take the job thinking he was going to do mornings solo. The many mispronounced places make him sound out of touch. The one I heard this morning was Coo-see-No High School, in Warren. :lol What else is there to listen to? WJR provides zero local news, beyond the occasional asides from their various "news anal-lysts" which is almost laughable.

I don't know who's left at WWJ who could co-anchor with him at this point. We were all accustomed to Roberta's many quirks, because she's been here so long.

In other news, Audacy stock hit a low of 37 cents today.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:46 pm

They could always move Jackie Paige to mornings, or Erin V. (who handles evenings and previously co-hosted mornings at WCSX).

Cousino High School is home to 89.1 WPHS, which programs a pretty interesting punk rock format these days.

Taco

Post by Taco » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:53 pm

WWJ just isn't the same without Roberta Jasina. She just had that voice.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic