Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Queen's Funeral

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bobbert

Queen's Funeral

Post by Bobbert » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:34 am

Television gets a lot of well-deserved criticism here, but the coverage of Queen Elizabeth's funeral this morning was a great use of TV. The camera angles, the real-time editing, the right use of commentary and silence, the close-ups, etc. The carrying of the coffin to the church was particularly effective, with the bagpipes playing. I just watched it from 5:30 - 7 a.m., so I can't speak for the rest of the coverage.

I've been watching the GBNews channel on YouTube during this whole news event. They are local, so the full emotion of the event has come through. It was amazing to watch it at 10 p.m. our time, and see fully alert interviews at 3 o'clock in the morning over there.

Luke

Re: Queen's Funeral

Post by Luke » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:50 pm

Is Kimberly Gill sick? It sounded like she lost her voice on the one live shots I saw. That would suck to go all the way to England to cover a H*** event and end up working through an illness.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic