Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Lazlo

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Lazlo

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:59 pm

She was former morning co-host at 98.7 Amp Radio for about the final eight or nine months the station was on the air. The Chris & Julia show was actually pretty good. Far, far better than the Rat & Puff show, which sounded like radio for 14 years olds.

Soon after Amp Radio 98.7's demise, she was given the weekday evening shift at B96 Chicago.

After Audacy began nationalizing certain dayparts on certain formats, she became the CHR format's version of Kevan Kenney.

During the past couple years, she was the female cast member on the Lazlo show. That gig was on top of all of her CHR radio work for the company.

I believe she is a Metro Detroit native, I want to say she is a Scripps Howard grad, and it appears she might still live in Metro Detroit (despite winning the B96 evenings gig several years back).

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:17 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:59 pm
She was former morning co-host at 98.7 Amp Radio for about the final eight or nine months the station was on the air. The Chris & Julia show was actually pretty good. Far, far better than the Rat & Puff show, which sounded like radio for 14 years olds.

Soon after Amp Radio 98.7's demise, she was given the weekday evening shift at B96 Chicago.

After Audacy began nationalizing certain dayparts on certain formats, she became the CHR format's version of Kevan Kenney.

During the past couple years, she was the female cast member on the Lazlo show. That gig was on top of all of her CHR radio work for the company.

I believe she is a Metro Detroit native, I want to say she is a Scripps Howard grad, and it appears she might still live in Metro Detroit (despite winning the B96 evenings gig several years back).
Wow. Nice to hear a Specs grad make it. All of my friends who were Specs grads are not working in radio any more.

I can't say that I listened to Amp much outside of the morning drive when everybody was playing garbage music or Dave & Chuck the Freak were taped.

When Lazlo started here, I swear that it sounded like someone pumping in the conversation from the water cooler at work through a mic. The show actually got it a little better before its demise here(a little). I am not crying that it's gone, but it is still more tolerable than Brady as I have said.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:16 am

That afternoon show on Alt was kind of annoying. The first time I heard it, my first thought was " Is 98.7 simulcasting 97.1?" as they were talking about sports. I'd love to hear a couple of old 89x jocks on Alt 98.7.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:37 pm

Strike Scripps Howard from my earlier post and replace with Specs Howard. Easy mistake to make. 8o

Deleted User 15840

Post by Deleted User 15840 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:02 pm

I would love to have Darren Revell (was he at 89X?), Cristina or Kelly Brown from 89X on Alt 98.7 doing afternoons.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:27 pm

Kelly Brown? No thanks. Cristina would be great, though.

Darren worked at 89X then went to Planet 96.3. I could've sworn I heard him on the air in Grand Rapids at some point, too, during the 90s. I want to say WGRD when it was CHR/Pop.

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:52 pm

Lazblow was skin crawlingly awful. Like Rover's morning glory awful.

I'm a fan of Julia, but as a CHR jock. Brady as well. He was excellent on Z100. He sounds decent on Alt, but CHR is a better fit for him.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:13 pm

They're running jockless this afternoon.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:59 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:37 pm
Strike Scripps Howard from my earlier post and replace with Specs Howard. Easy mistake to make. 8o
I thought it was a nickname for Specs. All good. Most people on this forum would easily know what you were talking about because so many of us pondered those Specs commercials.

It’s really a shame that so many Specs grads didn’t pan out. My buddy Jason Muhme ran the board for Mike Valenti for a few years. He had a couple weekend stints on 97.1 but never panned out. It’s too bad because he is better than Wojo. I like Wojo, but his tripe can get tiring.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15840

Post by Deleted User 15840 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:26 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:13 pm
They're running jockless this afternoon.
Here’s the memo from Audacy. Attention all WDZH personnel. As of Monday, August 15th no one is allowed to wear your jockstrap to work until further notice. Please keep all of your athletic supporters and cups at home. That is all and Thank You.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:30 am

Well, because 98.7 isn't quite my flavor, I really didn't know who Lazlo and Julia was. So I perused 98.7's website.
Lots of interesting articles (for me anyway). Still didn't see any info on "local on air personalities".
Got kind of caught up in reading the entertainment news on there:

https://www.audacy.com/alt987detroit

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic