Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WXYZ leads with fake weather news at 5PM

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Rate This

Re: WXYZ leads with fake weather news at 5PM

Post by Rate This » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:33 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:55 am
I hear you loudly and clearly, but I try to call strikes & balls. I called it "fake" because the alarmist reporting on your station's part was completely unnecessary and untruthful. It was the TV equivalent of misleading click bait.
4 Pushes sunny days on their app alerts as “we’re tracking it all morning”… that makes this look like patty cake as far as click bait goes. Just like a 20% chance of showers… same statement as if we NEED them “tracking it” or we’re all gonna die. I get the impression there is somebody intently staring at a screen for 10 hours with no break watching radar loops and changes in condition readings ready to hit the phone booth and knock it over ala Airplane should something happen.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:52 pm

I've not downloaded any of the local stations' weather apps. Sounds like I've made a wise decision!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:13 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:52 pm
I've not downloaded any of the local stations' weather apps. Sounds like I've made a wise decision!
That’s their news app doing that. I don’t have any weather apps from any local stations.

MyRadar is the only thing I need on my phone and it’s phenomenal and aviation grade. It gives all kinds of alerts and has tons of layers and it’s free.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:58 am

I'll have to check it out; thanks for the info.

BKRPDM

Post by BKRPDM » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:09 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:33 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
I hear you loudly and clearly, but I try to call strikes & balls. I called it "fake" because the alarmist reporting on your station's part was completely unnecessary and untruthful. It was the TV equivalent of misleading click bait.
4 Pushes sunny days on their app alerts as “we’re tracking it all morning”… that makes this look like patty cake as far as click bait goes. Just like a 20% chance of showers… same statement as if we NEED them “tracking it” or we’re all gonna die. I get the impression there is somebody intently staring at a screen for 10 hours with no break watching radar loops and changes in condition readings ready to hit the phone booth and knock it over ala Airplane should something happen.
I certainly respect the skills of Paul Gross, but even he goes for the dramatics. If the SPC 1-5 scale even hits a 1 (Marginal Risk), he plays it like we’re all going to die….

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:39 pm

BKRPDM wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:09 am
Rate This wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:33 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
I certainly respect the skills of Paul Gross, but even he goes for the dramatics. If the SPC 1-5 scale even hits a 1 (Marginal Risk), he plays it like we’re all going to die….
It's the boy who cried wolf. I don't pay attention unless there is a slight risk. When a real emergency arrives, no one will be ready due to the hype.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:05 pm

BKRPDM wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:09 am
Am I the only one thinks Mr. Gross gets a little too technical for the average viewer? Just want to know what the weather is going to be for the next few days. Not quite interested in Meteorology 101.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:58 am

WXMI Fox17 former weather met Anthony Domol was kinda too terming as well when doing the weather when serve weather was coming in about the storms which I didn't think he needed to talk about it. Just say be weather aware without the terms leave that for NWS/SPC for the weather geeks.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:34 am

Nothing to do with fake weather, noticed this morning Keenan is doing the weather and Ali Hoxi is behind the desk, I know Keenan did the weather prior to the Malcom Maddux stuff

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:52 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
"If you need to know the weather, look out a window. And if you need to know the temperature, you drive by a BANK!"

-Lewis Black

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:25 am

Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
That’s their news app doing that. I don’t have any weather apps from any local stations.

MyRadar is the only thing I need on my phone and it’s phenomenal and aviation grade. It gives all kinds of alerts and has tons of layers and it’s free.
RadarScope, WeatherTAP, and RadarOmega as well. Great apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

take this job and shove it

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:20 pm

RadarScope has been my longtime favorite. Resolution is superb.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:38 pm

Speaking of long term outlook for weather, I heard two sets of predictions today. Direct Weather says expect a cool wet fall. NOAA says the opposite. Should be interesting to see down the stretch.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:09 pm

Ideal weather:

August 30-October 1: 70-75, mostly sunny, occasional rainy day.

October 2-November 30: 55-65, few more rainy days

December 1-January 1: 40-50, snowy near Christmas

January 3-March 15: fuck that

March 16-May 1: 55-65, mostly sunny, few rainy days

May 1-August 30: 75-80, ALL sunny days, baby!

Okay, back to the crack pipe.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:55 pm

Fall looks to be warm and dry I hope it is a cool fall. I'm that type that wears long sleeve T-shirts & lightweight track pants in fall & spring the 3RD week of Sep until the end of May unless it is super warm wearing long sleeve T-shirts/sweatshirts.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic