Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

People in Washtenaw County love WUOM

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Mega Hertz

Re: People in Washtenaw County love WUOM

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:31 pm

We also didn't think anyone would remember Wheels.

Turns out, people did.

But it was usually followed up with "But I don't remember Wheels being this shitty back then"

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:29 pm

MrTaterSalad wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:23 pm
Would it be a stupid move on Cumulus' part at this point to bring the W4 branding to 93.1 instead of the generic New Country branding they currently use. Whether it is a simulcast on both stations or the new W4 on 93.1 broadcasts on its own. One station gets the WWWW-FM callsign and another could get WFOR-FM.

How many books in a row is 93.1 going to be allowed to fail before Cumulus does something significant with it? When's the last time they passed a 3.0 in the ratings or billed anywhere near the top 10 in the market? Why not try a Nash Icon type of a format with new country and 90's + 2000's country combined together for a more gold-leaning playlist? Combine that with new branding, W4 or otherwise, and see if it works.
Wow, this idiot just won't give it up.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

edj

Post by edj » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:35 pm

W4 is well remembered to country fans over 35 or so.

riggs

Post by riggs » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:40 pm

Leave W4 alone, it was a bad book in a market where 10 diaries go sideways and it messes everything up. W4 is fine. Isn't Country music kind of stuck in a rut right now in general?

Sidney sit down, relax, have a sandwich, drink a glass of milk, do some fucking thing

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:33 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:50 pm
I largely agree. I think a Fake W4 would go over worse than Fake Wheels.

93.1's issue isn't its name, it's the programming. The new afternoon jock is not a good fit for a Detroit country station. They should move him to 96.3 and bring Dave Fuller back to 93.1.
Fuller on DVD makes more since given he has almost no big awareness with country listeners and tons with pop listeners, especially the mid 30's female demo they want. They likely listened to him on CHR in middle school.

Always thought he'd sound great on The Bounce myself.

Under the current PD, DVD has gone from around a high 4 share station to a 3 share station.

The format is a bit stale for sure, but unless a particular depart crashed spectacularly, that loss is on the boss.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:38 pm

I definitely remember Dave Fuller as CHR/Hot AC. Going back 20 years on DRQ. No doubt on that point.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:37 pm

I liked how 96.3 sounded when Robby Bridges was PD. Ron Harrell by far had the station sounding its best, though. Gosh, that had to have been a decade ago.

Station sounds too much like 95.5-lite these days. Morning show went downhill when they started doing Mojo-like bits and segments.

I thought Mr. Fuller sounded really good when he handled afternoons on Nash FM. I think he sounds good on 96.3 as well.

BFSEsq

Post by BFSEsq » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:00 am

Just wanted to pitch in and say that 107one is definitely my favorite station. I live in Canton and can get it with no issues at all. It's a rare station nowadays, left alone so it can appeal to the area, and they do a great job of it. When I hear 107one, I feel like it's a last-remaining vestige of what radio used to be, in a way. Local sponsors for their events and shows, low-budget local ads, local jocks giving people in the area what they want. They can plug stuff downtown, like Sonic Lunch in Ann Arbor (sponsored by Bank of Ann Arbor) and it just really helps the feel of the whole area. I love it. I'm amazed and happy that Cumulus has just let it be. Still love the music, personally.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:13 am

BFSEsq wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:00 am
Just wanted to pitch in and say that 107one is definitely my favorite station. I live in Canton and can get it with no issues at all. It's a rare station nowadays, left alone so it can appeal to the area, and they do a great job of it. When I hear 107one, I feel like it's a last-remaining vestige of what radio used to be, in a way. Local sponsors for their events and shows, low-budget local ads, local jocks giving people in the area what they want. They can plug stuff downtown, like Sonic Lunch in Ann Arbor (sponsored by Bank of Ann Arbor) and it just really helps the feel of the whole area. I love it. I'm amazed and happy that Cumulus has just let it be. Still love the music, personally.
I sincerely wish I could hear them from here.
edj wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:35 pm
W4 is well remembered to country fans over 35 or so.
Yes, my aunt is still upset over that one. She was not a fan of Young Country.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic