Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Todays Music, Todays Wheelz

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 15835

Re: Todays Music, Todays Wheelz

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:38 pm

Stern was really big in Cleveland and a couple other similar sized markets. However, he never caught total fire in Detroit, which is a big reason K-rock didn't make it, as they built the whole station around him.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:29 pm

It turns out that they gave Active Rock a couple of years and the K-Rock name was used for 14 months. Although Howard Stern would not have beat Drew and Mike, 97-1 had a chance to flip to "Classic Rock that Rocks" between the time that 102.7 The Bear abandoned that format in 1999 and before 106.7 became the Drive in 2002. They became FM Talk instead.

If the owners of 98.7 had to do it all over again they, they would have became Smooth Jazz even sooner than what they did. That one was a winner for a number of years.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:22 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:41 pm
Shall I keep calling 106.7 "Fake Wheels," or shall I switch to W.I.N.O. (Wheels-in-name-only) ?
Or new Alice…..

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:59 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:41 pm
Shall I keep calling 106.7 "Fake Wheels," or shall I switch to W.I.N.O. (Wheels-in-name-only) ?
I say "WINO" because it sounds like a drunk homeless guy is programming the music. Or WLFQ...Whole Lotta Fuckin' Queen.
WINO makes me think of that George Carlin bit. “The greatest music in town, but we never play it.”

Shit, that sounds accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

take this job and shove it

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic