Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Meteorologist Andrew Humphrey leaving WDIV after 20 years

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
craig11152

Re: Meteorologist Andrew Humphrey leaving WDIV after 20 years

Post by craig11152 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:02 am

If he wanted to move to another local station is there an industry standard for length of noncompete clauses?

And as a sidebar I've always felt any noncompete clause should be void if someone is fired rather than quits.

I no longer directly engage trolls

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:49 pm

To answer craig1152, six months is fairly common for a non-compete.

In some states, non-compete clauses have been invalidated in court.

I am unaware of a successful court challenge in Michigan.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:58 pm

Looks like Andrew's final TV forecast turned out to be a dud.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:09 pm

While Kim Adams is very nice to look at, for Andrew to be bypassed by her after being out of the business for a long time, what a kick in the balls. So much for loyalty. Andrew was a class act and will be missed. Good luck in your future endeavors Andrew!

Just what kind of blackmail does Bernie have on these execs at 4?

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:27 pm

When contracts are not renewed and the talent is then terminated for cost reasons, usually the non-compete cause is waved by the company. If you are laying off people to save money, getting sued and going to court doesn't make a lot of sense.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:47 pm

Editorcj wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:27 pm
When contracts are not renewed and the talent is then terminated for cost reasons, usually the non-compete cause is waved by the company. If you are laying off people to save money, getting sued and going to court doesn't make a lot of sense.
So a lot of people are saying here that Humphrey is disgruntled over being passed over when Adams was hired.

What do you think the chances are, like I said in a previous post, WDIV reached out to Adams AFTER they learned Humphreys was leaving?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:16 pm

I think the chances of that are low; cannot prove it. Just my opinion.

Michiganviewer

Post by Michiganviewer » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:08 pm

Never cared for Andrew. When he would say hello “insert metro Detroit city” I found it very annoying.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:20 pm

There's a malcontent in the Flint board who posts as stink liar/under new management that thinks Andrew could take a MAJOR backwards career move and go to Flint. 🤦

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:57 am

Editorcj wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:27 pm
The company has nothing to waive as you can't enforce a stipulation within the contract when the contract has been terminated. The station can always buy that privilege, by continuing to pay the terms of the contract or entering into a new contract that keeps the talent off the air.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:03 am

The company has nothing to waive as you can't enforce a stipulation within the contract when the contract has been terminated. The station can always buy that privilege, by continuing to pay the terms of the contract or entering into a new contract that keeps the talent off the air.
As I said in another thread, I'd like to see the non-compete actually tested in court.

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:04 am

blizzard wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:09 pm
https://youtu.be/5xIMaDcvoEU
:hat
Guy basically works any shift asked, busts his ass to stand out as a team player as told in the above video with insane schedules and WDIV rewards that with ... giving the top job to someone who has shown ZERO dedication to the station in the past.

This is the shit that station does time and time again to just about every person working there.

BKRPDM

Post by BKRPDM » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:50 pm

SolidGoldDancers wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:04 am
blizzard wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:09 pm
https://youtu.be/5xIMaDcvoEU
:hat
Guy basically works any shift asked, busts his ass to stand out as a team player as told in the above video with insane schedules and WDIV rewards that with ... giving the top job to someone who has shown ZERO dedication to the station in the past.

This is the shit that station does time and time again to just about every person working there.
I wish Andrew well. It’s unfortunate that he’s leaving (or felt forced to leave). I certainly won’t be watching Kim Adams while she is gushing about her kids.

deadend

Post by deadend » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:43 pm

I think the best bet is to 1) NOT watch WDIV during newscasts Kim Adams is on and 2) reach out to station management about how disgusted we are by them letting Andrew Humphrey go in place of this twat Kim Adams

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic