Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Brother Stair on WCXI right now

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
edj

Re: Brother Stair on WCXI right now

Post by edj » Tue May 10, 2022 7:02 pm

Is Premiere even paying the station or is it purely barter? I would bet the latter. The only advertising I’ve heard that isn’t clearly from the Premiere feed is for Perry Johnson. No other candidates, no local businesses, no station specific national buys that I am aware of. There’s not even any local brokered shows. At least diplexed WPON has some revenue with brokered shows.

This could also be just a weird placeholder until the feed is fixed.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed May 11, 2022 11:16 am

It sounded like WCXI had the Fox news TV audio running during the 10AM hour. I went into the supermarket for 20 minutes, and now Brother Stair is back. What a mess.

If Sima didn't act like Crazy Gugenheim, hollering and yelling at "the help" about every little thing, I'd be tempted to stop by Tower 14 at Northland, and see if I could help him fix this clusterfuck.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed May 11, 2022 11:20 am

edj wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 7:02 pm
Is Premiere even paying the station or is it purely barter? I would bet the latter. The only advertising I’ve heard that isn’t clearly from the Premiere feed is for Perry Johnson. No other candidates, no local businesses, no station specific national buys that I am aware of. There’s not even any local brokered shows. At least diplexed WPON has some revenue with brokered shows.

It would seem to me that it's fairly important that IHM has metro Detroit covered with their slate of talkers. One would think they would have them on WDFN, instead of BIN. Black people are not listening to BIN in any market.

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Wed May 11, 2022 8:06 pm

I tuned in on my drive in and out of work today. Brother Stair both times. I’ve never heard of this guy until this post. I’m always fascinated about people like this. It amazes me that people like this have a following. I did read his webpage. I noticed 1340am in Detroit is listed on the schedule. I’m not sure how true that is. Besides being a radio evangelist with his heard in South Carolina, what else is this guy known for?

I did turn in into WCXI just now, as I was curious what the station id was. Gone is the Freedom 1160 moniker. Just straight WXCI 1130am Fenton. Sounded like they were playing the NBC Nightly News, as I heard Lester Holt.

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Wed May 11, 2022 8:07 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 11:20 am
edj wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 7:02 pm

It would seem to me that it's fairly important that IHM has metro Detroit covered with their slate of talkers. One would think they would have them on WDFN, instead of BIN. Black people are not listening to BIN in any market.
BIN ratings are horrible. As a white guy, I do turn in from time to time. It’s a quick in and out to get some headlines.

edj

Post by edj » Thu May 12, 2022 1:36 pm

This is officially the new format. I didn't get an answer as to why but my guess is $$$.

Maybe Premiere should try one of the Crawford AMs to air their programs. There aren't many other options.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu May 12, 2022 7:46 pm

1460 seems to be off the air right now.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri May 13, 2022 8:07 pm

I thought that I saw something that said that Brother Stair dies a short time ago. Something about a heart ailment.

edj

Post by edj » Fri May 13, 2022 8:24 pm

He is dead. The ministry still airs old broadcasts. I think Gene Scott’s group does the same long after his death.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat May 14, 2022 9:44 pm

I'm gonna have to hit this guy up. I want my own brokered show. The best Gregorian chants and backwards punk records in the greater Detroit area!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Sat May 14, 2022 9:52 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 9:44 pm
I'm gonna have to hit this guy up. I want my own brokered show. The best Gregorian chants and backwards punk records in the greater Detroit area!
I think we found our next AM superstar!

edj

Post by edj » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:41 pm

Doing a little digging, WEW St Louis has also flipped to Brother Stair 24/7. Perhaps even more of Sima’s stations air him too. Package deal for the ministry?

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:06 pm

edj wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:41 pm
Doing a little digging, WEW St Louis has also flipped to Brother Stair 24/7. Perhaps even more of Sima’s stations air him too. Package deal for the ministry?
Trust Sima to ruin a historic station like WEW. :rolleyes

It's a shame that he ended up with that facility.

Eventually, the Brother Stair hysteria will mercifully come to an end, I am sure.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:33 pm

WEW has been on the air 100 years as of 3/23/22, the 36th oldest surviving station. One of the few which have had their original callsign for over 100 years. Only recently did it acquire full time Class B status, and even that was because of FCC rule changes reducing the required radiation efficiency.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:54 pm

I was flipping thru the AM dial Thursday night around 6:30. Brother Stair on both WNZK and WCXI. Sima couldn’t even bother to repeat one of his ethnic shows.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic