Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Drew & Mike Podcast Complaint Thread

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
unscopedaircheck

Re: Drew & Mike Podcast Complaint Thread

Post by unscopedaircheck » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:36 pm

Marc must be reading this forum because he started saying chyron correctly after many years. Good job, sport.

Now if you could learn the differences between pre, peri, and post

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:22 pm

Marc is fat

Sgt. Sackto

Post by Sgt. Sackto » Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:11 pm

unscopedaircheck wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:36 pm
Marc must be reading this forum because he started saying chyron correctly after many years. Good job, sport.

Now if you could learn the differences between pre, peri, and post
Took me years to correct etc., from ect. Just saying.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:02 pm

He also says "most angriest" and "more angrier" (and other variations) very often.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:37 pm

The November 1 episode was painful. An hour of Michigan talk.

Marc (and most of the rest of college football honks)needs to grow up and stop living in their college days. And I say that as a UM alum.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:49 pm

Additionally, their obsession with Andy Dick is troubling. Andy Dick is registered sex offender.

Their calls to him are only marginally better than Karl's appearances.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:20 pm

I can't figure out how the hell Andy Dick is still alive.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:26 pm

I had to fast forward today, when they started talking to that clown, (Andy Dick), I don't get it with him....

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:14 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:26 pm
I had to fast forward today, when they started talking to that clown, (Andy Dick), I don't get it with him....
We can meet on that. I didn't find the humor when I was 15 and I sure don't get it now.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

mikemach

Post by mikemach » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:18 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:14 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
We can meet on that. I didn't find the humor when I was 15 and I sure don't get it now.
He was using drugs while they were talking to him and was audibly becoming wasted towards the end of the call. They speculated it was weed, but who knows. It's a mess and I don't know why they do it. Also unless I have my shows mixed up there was more Stuttering John time earlier in the podcast. So uninteresting. The rest of the show was pretty brilliant.

rushbuzz1013

Post by rushbuzz1013 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:39 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
I do too. And, whenever anything about Studdering John or The Bachelor pops up, off the podcast goes.
Most of these topics involve some sort of bullying or put downs. Mark seems very comfortable with it.
Who would give a real shit about Andy Dick if he was normal? But, To each his own.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:51 pm

It's ridiculous. They were humming and hawing about not booking Gary Hoey for tonight's show because Karl was on. Really? Karl takes precedence over guests?

Deleted User 15905

Post by Deleted User 15905 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:06 pm

The Drew and Mike podcasts are actually boring these days. No longer are the podcasts download worthy, I can use the data space for other more entertaining podcasts.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:29 am

Matt Riley is a disaster too. The guy sounds worse than Darren McCarty and is an alcoholic

Sherwood420

Post by Sherwood420 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:45 pm

Wow. I'm surprised the didn't book Hoey. Their fascination with Karl and his whole show is confusing to me. I don't know if it was last week or the week before, but Karl was on for over an hour. I kept fast-forwarding and was kinda surprised he was on that long. It usually seems like a half-hour plus with Karl. Karl completely ruins the show for me anymore. Why do they seem to cater to Karl of all people. Then the whole Stuttering John shtick is annoying as hell as well. I'm sure most D&M listeners do not know nor care about Stuttering John. Yet when Karl is on, he is always one of the main subjects, as Karl seems obsessed with him.

I listen mostly out of habit anymore. That and the fact that I'd rather listen to my ear buds than the Riff or some other crap. I get that Drew & Co put out 5 days worth of contetnt-usually, a week. That has be tough, but Drew's been doing this for 30+years now.He knows what he needs to do. He's great at pop culture, knows more about younger people than I do, even tho he could be my father. I've always enjoyed the local-ness of the show, and the sports--to an extent.

They still put out quality shows, just not a whole show or maybe not as many any more. Drew also seems to want to bitch at someone about little things anymore. It's usually some equipment problem, or phone number situation. He will proceed to act like he's ready to hang it up over whatever it was. I have no idea if this is a skit or what.

Please tho, enough of Karl. He's annoying and brings the show to a screeching halt everytime he's on. His who are these podcasts bit has been long played out at this point.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic