Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Drew & Mike Podcast Complaint Thread

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
unscopedaircheck

Re: Drew & Mike Podcast Complaint Thread

Post by unscopedaircheck » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:26 pm

I've really come to enjoy Eli's segments. They're brief enough to not drag but long enough to get everything covered that needs to be.

Drew is great. He's a smart guy and knows his shit, which is why it baffles me why he allows Karl to hijack a show. Talk about a cult...they're all in it.

Marc seems to be the biggest jock sniffer of Karl's. Then again, he's so insecure that he'd sniff anyone who shows him any attention

tivoking

Post by tivoking » Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:15 am

unscopedaircheck wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:29 am
Matt Riley is a disaster too. The guy sounds worse than Darren McCarty and is an alcoholic
Never understood why he comes on every year. He does not have the voice or personality.

tivoking

Post by tivoking » Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:28 am

The show is 3 hours a day, 5 days a week. No other podcasts do that. Imagine how sick of the people from your favorite podcast you would get if they were on for that long and you listened to every episode entirely. You should appreciate a local Detroit podcast with high quality audio and drops, not some guy talking about wrestling from his basement on his iPhone. There's a fast forward and skip ahead button to go past the parts that you don't like.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:10 pm

I was waiting for the "you don't have to listen" post.

Sherwood420

Post by Sherwood420 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:52 pm

I enjoy the show. I've been listening since high school. Its almost as if I've grown up having Drew around.

That said, I still cannot stand Karl, nor do I wanna hear about Stuttering John. I also can't imagine anyone really wanting to know what's up with the Stuttering one, Karl might have some fans courtesy of the D&M podcast, but it also cannot be many.

I do fast forward thru Karl and StutJo info. It just baffles me that they spend that much time with Karl. Who knows, maybe everyone loves Karl and its just me.

tivoking

Post by tivoking » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:06 am

Sherwood420 wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:52 pm
I enjoy the show. I've been listening since high school. Its almost as if I've grown up having Drew around.

That said, I still cannot stand Karl, nor do I wanna hear about Stuttering John. I also can't imagine anyone really wanting to know what's up with the Stuttering one, Karl might have some fans courtesy of the D&M podcast, but it also cannot be many.

I do fast forward thru Karl and StutJo info. It just baffles me that they spend that much time with Karl. Who knows, maybe everyone loves Karl and its just me.
They sold out the club that Karl appeared at in Detroit.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:32 pm

Wow. 50 minutes of karl followed by Charlie Langton. Two of the worst sounding people in the world.

I heard drew mention that Karl is on every other Tuesday now. That's a change. Thank God.

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:10 pm

Second line on the content details for today's episode:

"The Buzzboard has a thread dedicated to crapping all over The Drew and Mike Show."

mikemach

Post by mikemach » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:40 am

Drew it's Charlie Langton with a "t" not Charlie Langdon with a "d". He says it wrong every time!

Also the buzzboard made the podcast in a big way! I still love the show and always will. I ain't ever gonna like Karl though. I'm convinced it's because I'm old and will never listen to any of the podcasts he talks about, so I just don't care.

scotter810

Post by scotter810 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:47 pm

unscopedaircheck wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:10 pm
I was waiting for the "you don't have to listen" post.
back on page 1 in April you said you were done with the podcast, about as bad as people announcing they;re done with twitter since Space Karen took over. Shit or get off the pot.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:43 pm

"Space Karen ". That's a great line. 😂

I've been a proud Elon Musk hater for a long time.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:45 pm

https://youtu.be/bdMGktSpWTk

This is the only D&M podcast needed. It started taking a real dump not too long after this.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:52 pm

Interesting tidbit:

I noted WRIF went from a morning show that made fun of Star Wars to a show that celebrates it.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:11 am

Star Wars sucks. It's a movie anthology for kids.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:39 pm

Has Barbara from Roseville commented yet on 97.1?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic