Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Drew & Mike Podcast Complaint Thread

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
radioandtventhusiast

Re: Drew & Mike Podcast Complaint Thread

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:53 pm

Tom Griswold is "Tom" from the Bob and Tom Show based in Indy. It's been syndicated in many markets for years. Bob retired a few years ago.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:36 pm

I only tend to tune in when they rip Fouts or the best of Mike Clark like they did the other day. Definitely not a podcast I would pay for now. Maybe two years ago but not now.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:45 am

mikemach wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:10 am
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:09 am
Anyone else think putting Drew and Tom (Griswold) together could be the greatest "has been" radio show of all time?
I don't think it because I don't know who Tom Griswold is. Drew does pretty good with his current crew I think.

I also would not call him a "has been" as he has pretty much successfully reinvented himself on a podcast and he is (I assume) paying employees and making some money himself thru advertising etc.
Great for him I guess, but he's not a notable podcaster and his only claim to recognition is in an industry he is no longer employed by.

He's playing the virtual county fair circuit.

Tom Griswold still broadcasts on a few dozen stations I believe.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:00 pm

Bob and Tom's still on with Tom, Chick Mcgee, and Kristi Lee, plus another comedian whose name escapes me.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun May 01, 2022 4:52 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:00 pm
Bob and Tom's still on with Tom, Chick Mcgee, and Kristi Lee, plus another comedian whose name escapes me.
With or without Bob, the absolutely forced canned laughter from that show is a complete turn off and tune out for me.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun May 01, 2022 5:55 pm

I am treated to that show on Q106 and WIOT in the morning. Fucking blah. I never liked that show.

Thank God for YouTube, though. When I'm in the mood, I can crack open some classic D&M and I'm good.

Love Dave and Chuck, but I don't like the syndication. I miss the local flavor of it. Good for them, of course, but D&M never went national and I love them for it.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Sun May 01, 2022 10:22 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 5:55 pm
I am treated to that show on Q106 and WIOT in the morning. Fucking blah. I never liked that show.

Thank God for YouTube, though. When I'm in the mood, I can crack open some classic D&M and I'm good.

Love Dave and Chuck, but I don't like the syndication. I miss the local flavor of it. Good for them, of course, but D&M never went national and I love them for it.
Listening to those will really put a smile on your face if you're a fan of Drew and Mike.
Maybe its just me but as also a fan of Dave and Chuck I can kind of hear a Drew influence sometimes in Dave. Some of that of course may be as a function of Daves primary role as "set up man" or "straight man" for Chuck and Andy so some of the similarities might just be a result of the role. One of the things that makes/made Drew so great in that role though is that he was just as funny as Mike. Dave can be amusing but generally speaking the laughs come from Chuck and Andy whereas I always felt Drew and Mike spread the laughs pretty evenly.

Ngeorge22

Post by Ngeorge22 » Mon May 02, 2022 11:26 am

Been a D&M listener from 1995 almost until the end in 2013. When Drew took a leave of absence I kinda lost interest. Fast forward to 2015 and when Wolters and Drew got together I was back. Daily listener to the podcast. Trudi really brings nothing to the table and I just tune out Fellhauer everytime he speaks. Which is often as he seems to interrupt Drew or switch subjects on Drew. It’s like the Marc Fellhauer show half the time. His impersonations blow. He’s constantly negative. And condescending as heck. He’s another one riding Drew’s coattails through their career. BranDON I really enjoy more than Marc. I really enjoy Drew and he’s one of the best in the nation as far as talk radio goes. IMO anyway. I like Wolters and would rather have him in the Mike chair although I wish he’d talk about more local stories on his podcast Vs constantly going political. My two cents on the podcast.

kager

Post by kager » Mon May 02, 2022 6:31 pm

Not Ron Cameron.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue May 03, 2022 2:54 am

kager wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:31 pm
Not Ron Cameron.
Yep, not a cult.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue May 03, 2022 5:29 am

dial-it-in wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 10:22 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 5:55 pm

Listening to those will really put a smile on your face if you're a fan of Drew and Mike.
Maybe its just me but as also a fan of Dave and Chuck I can kind of hear a Drew influence sometimes in Dave. Some of that of course may be as a function of Daves primary role as "set up man" or "straight man" for Chuck and Andy so some of the similarities might just be a result of the role. One of the things that makes/made Drew so great in that role though is that he was just as funny as Mike. Dave can be amusing but generally speaking the laughs come from Chuck and Andy whereas I always felt Drew and Mike spread the laughs pretty evenly.
That's that time-tested "dick, dork, darling" morning show format. You have your straight man, your set up guy, your goofball, the guy that makes a joke out of everything, and then your sweet girl. Stoney, Jansen and Heather. Drew, Mike and Trudi. Dave, Chuck and Lisa. Perhaps my main complaint about D&C is just how formatted it is. D&M used to be all over the place. So did D&C, with the guests and weird stories and what not.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Wed May 11, 2022 12:37 pm

Karl is the only person who can make Marc sound intelligent.

Cogdog

Post by Cogdog » Sun May 15, 2022 1:10 pm

the best part about the D&M show was letting Drews imagination and creativity flow, Mike was the perfect wing man for that and always encouraged the gag, bit or commentary along, they fed off each other and took the idea to new heights ..the current gang just stops Drew in his tracks every time he gets going ...ok see ya, I had to go first ! *click*

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Sat May 21, 2022 12:42 pm

Their obsession with Karl continues to baffle me.

Ed Klee

Post by Ed Klee » Sat May 21, 2022 1:22 pm

ML's Soul of Detroit is pathetic, stupid music, lack of prep, show' this week Marc kept the interview going and real well I may add. LeDuff is getting old it's the same bullshit every week. I miss No Filter Sports, Drew is great when he's not doing the Andy Dick stuff and kissing Karl's ass. Thankful for the ability to fast forward! My Rant I'm done!

I am ordinary American!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic