Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Drew & Mike Podcast Complaint Thread

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Drew & Mike Podcast Complaint Thread

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:30 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:30 pm
Where is Mike?
Seriously?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:32 am

Robert Faygo wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:39 pm
Matt wrote:
Where is Mike?
Not sure if serious ... but if so, Mike Clark died 4 years ago.
I know - it's weird that his name is still on the show...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:38 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:32 am
Robert Faygo wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:39 pm
Matt wrote:
Where is Mike?
Not sure if serious ... but if so, Mike Clark died 4 years ago.
I know - it's weird that his name is still on the show...
Is it a show? It's more a retired guy in his kitchen... There's a 23 year old kid who grows corn on YouTube who has 17x this podcasts' audience. He has a show.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:47 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:38 am
Is it a show? It's more a retired guy in his kitchen... There's a 23 year old kid who grows corn on YouTube who has 17x this podcasts' audience. He has a show.
Now now. Let it rest.
In a couple of months, unscope will once again put the paddles to this thread that was dead.

mikemach

Post by mikemach » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:23 am

unscopedaircheck wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:05 am
Spot on. Karl would tolerable at a limit of 5 minutes. Their obsession with him goes beyond filling time. They don't need to fill time. They can make the show as long or short as they want.

First of all, Karl's got a voice for Hellen Keller. Between the nasally sound and the accent it's horrid. Secondly, he rarely has anything earth-shattering to say about whatever podcast he's talking about. On his last appearance he was going into the Tyson Rodman podcast. Tyson made some comment about a camera zooming out. Karl latched onto Tyson saying "camera" instead of "picture."

Between Karl and Elrick and Marc, that episode was one of the worst I've heard.
I fast forward through Carl every episode he is on. There is nothing interesting that he brings to the show. Maybe I'm too old to "get" it. I don't care about his voice, but I also don't care about the podcasts he talks about. And I am very tired of Drew bringing up Stuttering John...Oh my God who cares!

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:07 pm

So they talk non-stop prior to Karl's show and then AFTER the show they recap it.

Who the fuck cares? How many people want to recap a concert from some local Rochester NY band?

And Karl's entire existence revolves around Stuttering John. John is a loser but who is the bigger loser? Stuttering John or Karl...my vote is Karl.

I mean, take a look at this chode

https://images.app.goo.gl/DYHaMGwVCZwfhxQY9

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:32 pm

They talked about Karl and Stuttering John ad nauseum Sunday, Monday, and the Tuesday show. Holy shit.

mikemach

Post by mikemach » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:21 pm

unscopedaircheck wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:32 pm
They talked about Karl and Stuttering John ad nauseum Sunday, Monday, and the Tuesday show. Holy shit.
I know I had to fast forward thru S.J. talk at the beginning of yesterday's show. I can't imagine who cares, maybe some people do. And all 3 of them have to imitate his stupid voice and keep playing the drop that he doesn't know who they are.
I enjoy the show for the most part but really Carl has me baffled.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:21 pm

I'm not a fan of ML or Leduff when they're on but at least they bring something to the table. Karl brings absolutely nothing.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:12 pm

Marc is so ignorant. Calls a chyron a "chryon"

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:08 pm

More fucking Karl. Seriously. It's almost a daily thing

Sherwood420

Carl

Post by Sherwood420 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:21 pm

I could handle a few minutes of that dude when they first had him on. Now, I immediately fast forward through it. I'm surprised Drew has went all in on the Stut-Jo material. I can't imagine most Drew and Mike listeners know Stuttering J ohn, but even the ones that do know who he is, I'm sure do not care to hear about him DAILY now. It's as if on the Karl Hamburger days, it's
basically his show. Karl definitely has a face for radio, and he looks like I'd picture him to. Also, it's like he's a wannabe "DJ" that sounds to me like he's a puker....or he's PUSHING his voice. The D&M show must get alot of listeners from the Hamburgler, cause THAT is the only reason I see them spending that much time on that tired out, boring ass bit. I would rather hear Britney Spears news daily, of course with Bran-Don's PHENOMENAL imitation--than have to hear almost daily about Stut-Jo and what is going on with WATP. Please for the love of God, enough of Karl.....PLEASE!It's like this Bow and Yang stuff. Do not know who they are and do not care. The way Drew talks about them, it's as if EVERYONE should know them. I understand Drew is a pop culture master, I'm 43, so a but younger than Drew, and half of these "Artists" he mentions constantly, I have almost ZERO idea as to who any of them are.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:48 pm

Again on today's show.

The best show of the week is Thursdays. No Marc no Karl

Alligatorarms

Post by Alligatorarms » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:54 am

unscopedaircheck wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:48 pm
Again on today's show.

The best show of the week is Thursdays. No Marc no Karl
Too bad BranDon morphs into Marc on Thursdays.
Poorly emphasized reads
Daddy Daughter talk
Coddling the Host

Drew tries to bully Maz on Thursdays but it's ineffective. Go MAZ!

Look for another DMP merch release to pay for the Karl Suite on Thanksgiving.

Use the amazon portal if you'd like more paid Elisa Jordana calls.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:07 am

I get that they cannot be "on" every single minute and there are going to be lulls now and then. But their obsession with Karl is mind boggling. I think I'd rather hear a Matt Riley weekly segment.

On another note, I love when Marc thinks he's a legal expert because his dumbass fat brother is a prosecutor in backwoods Virginia.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic