Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I've been enjoying Alt 98.7

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
ChrisWL1980

Re: I've been enjoying Alt 98.7

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:05 pm

"Detroit's Alternative ROCK."
*Plays the pathetic Maroon 5 imitators Glass Animals for the third time today*
Billie Eilish is gone, but Machine Gun Kelly and Blackbear are still very much there.

They do sound better than a year ago but there's still room for improvement. Imagine Dragons "Enemy" into No Doubt "Don't Speak" is a segue I'd expect from WDVD, not an Alternative station.
In short, another case of lipstick on the pig.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:02 pm

I bow down to you, sir. EXCELLENT POST!

💯

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:53 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:09 pm
I'll meet you on that. I feel like they HAVE to push that current product. I have to believe there are better options for currents. Plus, I heard MCR twice inside of an hour and a half.

Do they do any music testing? I would love to be on the panel!
I do surveys on the side to supplement my earnings. And I have taken 4 surveys in the last 3 months for 98.7 music. Just got done with one 20 minutes ago on Branded Surveys. Per everyone's input I put "Enemy" as played out. I also put in the comments that 98.7 should hire former 89X jocks and get harder alternative in rotation as well stop the top 40 shit.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

syntheticexctasy

Post by syntheticexctasy » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:07 pm

I just randomly turned on wdzh

Well, I took a pic...but apparently no uploads here?

Anyhow here's a link.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PnTx6r ... p=drivesdk

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:20 pm

Jesus tap dancing Christ.

On Lithium, while on my trip to Meijer, I heard:

Pearl Jam "Hail Hail"
Primus "Jerry Was a Race Car Driver"
Foo Fighters "Big Me"
Oasis "Supersonic"

But no, by all means, spin that MGK track again.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:40 pm

Sirius XM playlists are so much better than lame FM radio that it ain't funny. And NO COMMERCIALS to boot!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:09 pm

Yeah but that was a pretty good set of songs. They didn't all play at once; two were on my way to the store and the other two were on the way home.

-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:29 pm

I just heard NIN "Closer" on my way to Kroger at 8:30 on 98.7. Was surprised to say the least.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:15 am

They've been playing that song a few times a week for a while.

The failed PD from Minneapolis (Go 96.3 earned some of the worst ratings in the history of that market) who supposedly calls the shots at 98.7 despite living hundreds of miles away needs to follow in KROQ's footsteps by doing the same type of 90's weekend that KROQ offers:

http://kroq.tunegenie.com/

The repetition on 98.7 is off the charts, too. They've been playing pretty much the same golds day after day, week after week, for about the past year. If the station plays more than 300 unique songs every couple weeks (outside of specialty shows), I'd be very surprised. Just a very lazy effort by the programming team.

syntheticexctasy

Post by syntheticexctasy » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:52 pm

The repetition on pretty much all of the sirius channels is just as bad these days - with a virtually limitless library of music, there should be no reason to hear the same song twice in 3hrs, let alone twice in 24 hrs....

I Can only stand to subscribe for 6mos on, 6mos off.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:50 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
I'll meet you on that. I feel like they HAVE to push that current product. I have to believe there are better options for currents. Plus, I heard MCR twice inside of an hour and a half.

At what point will MCR be old enough that I can listen and sing "Black Parade" in my car and not feel like a pedophile?

They are a band that I 100% associate with 15 year old teenagers because my younger in-laws would listen to that in the car when I was tasked with driving them around and that CD got me interested in that band, and I feel like a creepy old dude for listening to it.

As for 98.7, they should crib their playlist from SXM 11. They would get a good mix of older moms listening to the music their kids listened to just a few years ago and those kids themselves since they are probably broke enough to not afford a car where they could listen to music off their phone easily.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:29 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:50 am
Mega Hertz wrote:

At what point will MCR be old enough that I can listen and sing "Black Parade" in my car and not feel like a pedophile?

They are a band that I 100% associate with 15 year old teenagers because my younger in-laws would listen to that in the car when I was tasked with driving them around and that CD got me interested in that band, and I feel like a creepy old dude for listening to it.

As for 98.7, they should crib their playlist from SXM 11. They would get a good mix of older moms listening to the music their kids listened to just a few years ago and those kids themselves since they are probably broke enough to not afford a car where they could listen to music off their phone easily.
Let's be fair. You ARE a creepy old dude, Neck.

-TurkeyTop

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:52 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Neck, if you mean Pop Rocks, then hell yes. Would be like having the River back, or more accurately, 107one-lite. I’d listen to that shit all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

take this job and shove it

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:53 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:50 am
Mega Hertz wrote:

That song is fifteen years old. So, 30-40 year olds would be the target demo now. I’m 39 and I like it. Initially, I hated it because I associated it with the emo rebellion on 89X. However, the song has grown on me.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic