Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I've been enjoying Alt 98.7

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Mega Hertz

Re: I've been enjoying Alt 98.7

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:15 am

Don't really know where else to put this, but since we're talking 107.1, in Brighton it's getting it's ass kicked by a station that's playing "Paper Planes" by M.I.A.

Edit: while.it is majorly picket fencing, it was still 107one playing Paper Planes. That is SO not a AAA song lol

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:04 am

I absolutely hate that song. The morons at Audacy were spinning it on 98.7 in the days after the Oxford school shooting. That proved to me the people inside the building at Southfield paid very little attention (at least at that time) to 98.7. It should've been removed from the playlist immediately. It's a terrible song regardless.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:39 am

Well that's what happens when you just jam songs on a playlist and shove it into an automated computer.

-TurkeyTop

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:42 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:39 am
Well that's what happens when you just jam songs on a playlist and shove it into an automated computer.
Why do your job when that's easier?
:roll:

It's swear I've heard some stations playing the same songs in almost the same order everyday.

The automation software is supposed to actually be freaking programmed, not just play the playlist in alphabetical order

I used to do that shit for free just making CDs for myself as a kid.
"Track 2 has to be Male rock song" "this song sounds like a track 7"

Music is my life.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:14 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:04 am
I absolutely hate that song. The morons at Audacy were spinning it on 98.7 in the days after the Oxford school shooting. That proved to me the people inside the building at Southfield paid very little attention (at least at that time) to 98.7. It should've been removed from the playlist immediately. It's a terrible song regardless.
I like the song but agree on the timing.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:44 am

I mean, I've heard artist repetition at roughly an hour to an hour and a half. Red Hot Chili Peppers twice in just over an hour. They gotta start working that out. Smashing Pumpkins. Green Day. I can remember my old music director really going over Selector (considering he only had 200 or so songs made it harder). I learned a lot sitting in his office. Maybe Alt needs a live jock AND a programmer . I would be happy to offer my services 😁

-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:49 am

I've we're talking mass appeal consensus artists such as RHCP or Foo Fighters, I suspect that is happening by design.

thatonedude

I've been enjoying Alt 98.7

Post by thatonedude » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:39 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:Don't really know where else to put this, but since we're talking 107.1, in Brighton it's getting it's ass kicked by a station that's playing "Paper Planes" by M.I.A.

Edit: while.it is majorly picket fencing, it was still 107one playing Paper Planes. That is SO not a AAA song lol
Went over the 107one playlist on their website; looked like it aired during that syndicated show they air that just features female artists (name escapes me at the moment). Some of the song choices on that show are head scratchers, that’s for sure…

I’m indifferent to the song tbh. Have to agree on what MW said; 98.7 shouldn’t have been playing that song after the Oxford school shooting. Bad taste, plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

take this job and shove it

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:42 pm

I don't know who the idiot was that was on today, but she started talking about tipping and other completely unrelated stuff to any music. It was for like 40 seconds which made it very abrupt. At this point, I am thinking a jockless format is best for this station with Brady and this brain dead idiot.

As far as rotation, I have heard Tame Impala which I like but also Machine Gun Kelly who they are still holding on to for whatever reason....

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:36 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:42 pm
I don't know who the idiot was that was on today, but she started talking about tipping and other completely unrelated stuff to any music. It was for like 40 seconds which made it very abrupt. At this point, I am thinking a jockless format is best for this station with Brady and this brain dead idiot.

As far as rotation, I have heard Tame Impala which I like but also Machine Gun Kelly who they are still holding on to for whatever reason....
Well...yeah. I mean, when you're 3,000 miles away, 4 days before the show airs, you can't be saying shit like "It's 88 degrees in Detroit right now, Green Day and Chevelle coming up, right now it's Blink 182 and Dammit on Alt 98-7". You just gotta get some generic bullshit voice track in there. Hey, saves David Field $20.

-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:36 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:36 am
Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:42 pm

Well...yeah. I mean, when you're 3,000 miles away, 4 days before the show airs, you can't be saying shit like "It's 88 degrees in Detroit right now, Green Day and Chevelle coming up, right now it's Blink 182 and Dammit on Alt 98-7". You just gotta get some generic bullshit voice track in there. Hey, saves David Field $20.
Yeesh.

Audacity sucks.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:05 am

They seem to heavily day part their rotation. During the daytime, they only seem to play one or two currents/recurrents an hour. At night I’ve been hearing currents every two or three songs. I like the currents they’re playing much better than what they were playing a year ago (except that damn “Enemy” song, barf).

Just heard the new Jimmy Eat World “Something Loud” on 98.7. Damn good song.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:08 am

Chrocket87 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:05 am
They seem to heavily day part their rotation. During the daytime, they only seem to play one or two currents/recurrents an hour. At night I’ve been hearing currents every two or three songs. I like the currents they’re playing much better than what they were playing a year ago (except that damn “Enemy” song, barf).

They need to stop it with the damn Machine Gun Kelly "Ex's best friend" song. I like Imagine Dragons so cannot agree there.

The new Jimmy Eat World is good. Agreed.

Audacity sucks.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:19 pm

Please delete this post. Made in error.
Last edited by Chrocket87 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:21 pm

Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:08 am
Chrocket87 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:05 am

They need to stop it with the damn Machine Gun Kelly "Ex's best friend" song. I like Imagine Dragons so cannot agree there.

The new Jimmy Eat World is good. Agreed.
I like Imagine Dragons, but “Thunder” and “Enemy” just get on my nerves. To each their own.

They’re doing an A to Z weekend now. Already heard some jams I haven’t heard in years. I know how I’ll be spending my 3 day weekend (other than yard work and watching the Tigers stink up the joint).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic