Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

97.1 Morning Show

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 15783

Re: 97.1 Morning Show

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:38 pm

tivoking wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:12 am
McAllister was one of a few people on Detroit radio that actually grew up in Metro Detroit. Not Ann Arbor, Flint or Monroe. Right in the heart of Metro Detroit in Warren. He represented the blue collar eastsiders. Radio and TV in Detroit is full of westsiders. I know that he was too liberal for some, and his music tastes were based on anything close to new wave, but he knew the history of Detroit. He can't be that bad, if he's kept his hot wife around for decades. It's not like he's rich.
So here's my thoughts on your post. Everything you say just may be true. But with the possible exception of "history of Detroit" meaning the history of sports in Detroit, what does anything you've said have anything to do with being a good SPORTScaster?

97.1 is a sports station.
Music taste? Liberal? Hot wife?

During drive time, listeners should hear who won and who lost yesterday at least every 15 to 20 minutes. Not a half hour discussion whether beans should be made with or without chili.

During the summer, there should be chatter about who's looking good at Fifth Third Field in Toledo. Not "Who's the hottest actress in Hollywood?".

MW and others who say McAllister should of been excused from 97.1 if he wanted to talk about everything but sports are right.

deadend

Post by deadend » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:46 am

To this day I still thank god Bill McCallASSter was fired.
He’s one of the worst ever in detroit radio history. He’s an obnoxious know-it-all with a horrible voice and worse personality.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:56 am

Stoney is completely "meh" on his best days and Jansen would be better with a solid partner. Why Stoney still has a full time role is a mystery. Costa is decent: they should give him a permanent role somewhere.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:48 pm

I've noticed Costa is trying harrrrrd to sound like Valenti. Cadence, takes, etc

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:32 pm

dial-it-in wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:56 am
Stoney is completely "meh" on his best days and Jansen would be better with a solid partner. Why Stoney still has a full time role is a mystery. Costa is decent: they should give him a permanent role somewhere.
Stoney has definitely lost a few steps. Sometimes he sounds ridiculous, like a winy little child. Jansen needs to stop calling him Mr. Stone cause it sounds like Jansen is hosting with his Dad or something. If I were Mr. Stone I would tell him to stop it. The Gov? I think it is that guy sounds like a crybaby sometimes when he tries to hold his ground. Costa sounds like a company man whatever way the wind is blowing will be his "take" for the day. I didn't like him at all at first, he's alright but I can see them grooming him to be the next Valenti

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:48 pm

Leave Stoney and Jansen alone. It’s a great show. Stoney is Stoney. I love when Gov chimes in. Guy is passionate about his sports.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:57 pm

windsorjoe wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:48 pm
Leave Stoney and Jansen alone. It’s a great show. Stoney is Stoney. I love when Gov chimes in. Guy is passionate about his sports.
We clearly have differing opinions of what "great show" means.
"Stoney is Stoney" is a nice way of saying he isnt that good.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic