Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Noticeable playlist additions at Alt 98.7

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Noticeable playlist additions at Alt 98.7

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:01 am

I've heard BYOB on WRIF numerous times over the past year.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:31 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:01 am
I've heard BYOB on WRIF numerous times over the past year.
No, the Coheed and stuff like that.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:01 pm

Lol. I had an early day at work (gotta love January construction!) and I came home whistling and humming BYOB. My fiancé was home for lunch and she says "Ugh please don't. I hate that song". I told her she's gonna have to learn to like it since 98.7 has been playing it (she is one of 3 listeners. That and ALT Nation). That's ALT's target listener. 36 year old suburban female who grew up on Hanson and thinks SOAD is TOO heavy and hard 😂

-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:24 pm

That's a great story! (How the heck does one whistle that song? Seems incredibly difficult to me.)

WRIF is playing the new Coheed single on occasion at night. Sounds nothing like their older singles. They seem to be aiming for a more rugged sound.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:03 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:01 pm
Lol. I had an early day at work (gotta love January construction!) and I came home whistling and humming BYOB. My fiancé was home for lunch and she says "Ugh please don't. I hate that song". I told her she's gonna have to learn to like it since 98.7 has been playing it (she is one of 3 listeners. That and ALT Nation). That's ALT's target listener. 36 year old suburban female who grew up on Hanson and thinks SOAD is TOO heavy and hard 😂
It was the chorus of the song and I kept singing LIES FROM THE TABLECLOTH and she knew it lol

-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:28 pm

Everybody’s going to the party; have a real good time. Dancing in the desert, blowing up the sunshine. Why do they always send the poor!!!????

Love the song as it was so poignant to the scam Iraq War.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:29 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:03 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
It was the chorus of the song and I kept singing LIES FROM THE TABLECLOTH and she knew it lol
Maybe she is feeding you too many lies from the tablecloth? ;)

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:52 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:29 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
1. We have NO tablecloth

2. As far as feeding me anything, she told me when we started dating that "The only thing a Jewish wife makes for dinner is reservations".
She wasn't lying 😂

She is not into hard rock or metal at all. I am not allowed to listen to Octane, Turbo or sometimes even Ozzy's Boneyard with her in the car. But there's times I get in after her and she leaves Coffeehouse on 🙄

-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:02 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:52 am
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:29 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
1. We have NO tablecloth

2. As far as feeding me anything, she told me when we started dating that "The only thing a Jewish wife makes for dinner is reservations".
She wasn't lying 😂

She is not into hard rock or metal at all. I am not allowed to listen to Octane, Turbo or sometimes even Ozzy's Boneyard with her in the car. But there's times I get in after her and she leaves Coffeehouse on 🙄
Turbo isn’t even all that hard at times.

Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:06 pm

I highly recommend Liquid Metal, channel 40.🤘

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:44 pm

I do enjoy some Liquid Metal, but it is not my first choice. Heaven forbid I leave that on in her car.

It isn't only her. I've had a number of significant others who hated speed/thrash/power metal.

-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:00 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:44 pm
I do enjoy some Liquid Metal, but it is not my first choice. Heaven forbid I leave that on in her car.

It isn't only her. I've had a number of significant others who hated speed/thrash/power metal.
Not my bag either. Other than Disturbed, but I am not sure that counts.

Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:09 pm

Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:00 pm

Disturbed
🤢😣

-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:12 pm

I'm noticing more gold and more 00s Active Rock tracks today. They still have to play the odd current, but so be it. If it keeps in this direction, that would be great.

Now promote and let listeners know you don't have to sit through Motley Crue and Whitesnake to hear those 90s and 00s tracks you like. Might be a good position!

-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:07 pm

Chop Suey by System of a Down is currently playing. I'm impressed.

Have also heard some Alice in Chains tracks in recent days. Long overdue addition. Was also nice to hear "Alive" by Pearl Jam. (How about Animal or Once? Two great tracks that corporate radio all too often overlooks.)

I'd still like to hear Big Wreck, Billy Talent, Tragically Hip and other CanCon (NO NICKELBACK) that is familiar to Detroit audiences; 98.7 continues to whiff badly on that angle.

Wish they would play Maneskin and Glass Animals much less often. The vocalist of the first band isn't as talented as he thinks; the single from the latter band just flat out sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic