Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Noticeable playlist additions at Alt 98.7

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Noticeable playlist additions at Alt 98.7

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:52 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:10 pm
Unglued is a good one!

"Lady Picture Show" is another one of their songs that I never care to hear again.
It felt like WRIF played that entire album each weekend from 2001-10. Tired of it.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:38 am

Overall I do enjoy the station so far when I'm surfing. Its a nice respite from our other rock stations who love to throw out one of their over played standards to torture my ear drums. WRIF gets a gentle pass but theyre not immune from throwing an over played dinosaur out there either.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:25 am

If only they got rid of Lazblow’s droning in afternoon drive.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:00 pm

dial-it-in wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:38 am
Overall I do enjoy the station so far when I'm surfing. Its a nice respite from our other rock stations who love to throw out one of their over played standards to torture my ear drums. WRIF gets a gentle pass but theyre not immune from throwing an over played dinosaur out there either.
For sure. But somebody over there had a thing for STP, not sure if it was Arthur P or not.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:57 am

Came out to Toledo to get my dad some birthday lunch and threw on Alt once I hit Perrysburg. The music mix was good, but the DJ literally backsold the last six songs played and literally none of them had played during the time I was listening. D’OH!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:38 pm

Chrocket87 wrote: Came out to Toledo to get my dad some birthday lunch and threw on Alt once I hit Perrysburg. The music mix was good, but the DJ literally backsold the last six songs played and literally none of them had played during the time I was listening. D’OH!
It would help if they had a fuckin live DJ in the studio, not some voice track bullshit from out of town.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

BFSEsq

Post by BFSEsq » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:48 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:25 am
Barf - I hate Interstate Love Song by STP.
For some reason I still remember the time on 89X .... hell, this was probably early 2000s, when the morning show was still Kelly, Dave, and Chuck the Freak. Kelly Brown IDs "Interstate Love Song" and says "Sure, you might hear that song on other Detroit stations. FOLLOWED BY POISON!" which was meant to be a H*** burn, and I thought it was pretty funny.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic