Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Oxford High School shooting

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Oxford High School shooting

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:48 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:46 pm
The Oxford Community Schools have declined the AG’s offer to open a third party investigation of the shooting.
There needs to be a third party investigation. They shouldn't get the choice.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:40 am

They were the last line of defense against this kid. If they had followed proper protocol he would not have been allowed back into the main building with his backpack.

They done fucked up reallll good. And they know it.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:00 am

From what I've read, the teachers did the right things.

It's the counselor(s), and even though they weren't brought into the situation, the building administrators that might be in hot water with the prosecutor. But truthfully it sounds more like a combination of a lack of training and communication more than something that would be successfully prosecuted on a criminal level. All bets are off where potential civil suits are concerned.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Majik

Post by Majik » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:40 am

If those who may not be legally responsible for letting this happen at their school, they are morally responsible. If prosecutors can’t charge them, then the community should hound them out of their positions for their shameful incompetence.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:17 pm

Yeah, the teachers were on the ball.

Who knows if the supt was even brought into the discussion. Who knows if the principal even was. It may have just been a dean and a counselor. I won't even pretend to be a legal scholar so I don't know how any law would be applied here. I bet there will be some civil suits against the district and the admin. I've seen lawsuits brought against schools for much less.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:30 pm

It was just some counselors, no principals were involved in the decision to return the kid to class. As far as the 3rd party thing goes, to have AG Nessell be the "independent" 3rd party review, does not make sense to me. She's a Democrat, the prosecutor is a Democrat. I don't see any independence about that. Supposedly the school district chose some security firm that they've already done business with in the past. I don't agree with this either. Should be "independent". The parents should be held responsible and I agree with the prosecutor , they should pay.

Herm

Post by Herm » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:53 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:30 pm
It was just some counselors, no principals were involved in the decision to return the kid to class. As far as the 3rd party thing goes, to have AG Nessell be the "independent" 3rd party review, does not make sense to me. She's a Democrat, the prosecutor is a Democrat. I don't see any independence about that. Supposedly the school district chose some security firm that they've already done business with in the past. I don't agree with this either. Should be "independent". The parents should be held responsible and I agree with the prosecutor , they should pay.
Wait… do you think the use of the word independent in this case is in reference to a political party?

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:55 pm

Herm wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:53 pm
Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:30 pm
Wait… do you think the use of the word independent in this case is in reference to a political party?
Nope.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:23 pm

Reagan4prez wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:13 am
I do have a concern.

If the highly emotional prosecutor's office gets too excited about charging people, and charges teachers, it will make it really difficult to retain good teachers and attract new ones.

Please understand that I'm not saying that those responsible for this tragedy should walk, but if we go down the road of "well, this person could have done something" and charge them, it would make the teaching profession like walking on egg shells 24/7.

Thankfully, in this case, it looks like the teachers did everything right. It's the overcompensated, incompetent superintendent that should face the brunt of charges.
If you cared about keeping teachers, you wouldn't support Reaganites who seek to continually slash their pay each year.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:05 pm

Oxford High telling the Bull Dyke to pound sand with her investigation you love to see it :lol

RedfordRob

Post by RedfordRob » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:42 am

armchair pd wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:05 pm
Oxford High telling the Bull Dyke to pound sand with her investigation you love to see it :lol
Does she threaten your masculinity?

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:23 am

It's Fieger time:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 445469001/

The community is still deep in mourning and now people are trying to make millions off this tragedy.

Where is the money going to come from? Property taxes, bonds? Or cuts in school programs? The whole community will be paying for this lawsuit, one way or another.

I can see criminal charges or lifetime bans from the education profession, but how much good will a civil lawsuit do?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:28 pm

Ever hear of liability insurance?

The school district absolutely deserves to be sued, and those who suffered tremendously because of the district's negligence deserve some form of compensation for loss of life.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:32 pm

I think an investigation by the AG's office is appropriate, btw. This will help determine if charges should be brought against school officials.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Ed Klee

Post by Ed Klee » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:38 pm

I must say this whole thing is horrible it's sad Please look at this link, I agree with LeDuff

https://www.deadlinedetroit.com/article ... SGWbEmAVjo

I am ordinary American!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic