Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Oxford High School shooting

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
craig11152

Re: Oxford High School shooting

Post by craig11152 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:42 am

I've been watching channel 4 out of habit. Its the channel my wife likes.

I feel like they are giving school officials a bit of a semi-free pass by not pressing in on their allowing the kid back to class and failure to check his backpack and locker.
Obviously the parents hold the biggest responsibility because they bought him the gun and allowed him access to the gun and ammunition.

I no longer directly engage trolls

rushbuzz1013

Post by rushbuzz1013 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:07 am

Bobbert wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:36 am
Rick Grenon wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:29 pm
Ed Klee wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:17 am
It is a horrible event, innocent people killed a community hurting, however like everything else the media in Detroit is running it into the ground.
I totally agree.
I watched Channel 7 at 6 a.m. this morning. The tone and content of the reporting was very professional. Then they went to commercials. The first thing was a melodramatic montage of Channel 7's reporting of the story that was very lurid and tasteless. I turned the channel.
Nothing but sleazy self-serving marketing. They all do it, just one of many reasons I have come to hate media. I can't even watch Ch4 anymore.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:07 pm

I like the protocol you use, craig1152. Yours is an excellent example for others to follow.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:33 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:50 am
Additionally, there is no statute requiring firearms in the home to be stored under lock & key, or to have a trigger guard, or to be stored in a safe. Frankly, I would not be in support of such a law, since one reason for having guns in the home is for personal protection. If someone breaks into the home, having a gun in a safe or lockbox in a different room doesn't do much good.
I, as a gun person, think there should be such a law. However, such a law should be written that a firearm not under immediate supervision must be in a safe or outfitted with a trigger lock that would prohibit use by unauthorized persons.

For example, at this moment all of my firearms are currently locked away in safes. Except for one. The one I have in a holster, on my belt, under my direct supervision. At night, both firearms that I designate for home defense are next to me as I sleep. A motion detector alerts if someone enters the hallway to my bedroom.

So you see, you can do both with careful wording of the law. Even pro gun Texas has such a law.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:51 pm

I think the school admin is as much to blame, if not more, than the parents. They should have contacted law enforcement and searched his backpack. I doubt they even did a formal threat assessment since they never called the cops.

Is usually pretty black and white in districts...you threaten the safety of the school, you're gone until you get counseling or multiple agencies say you're not a threat. The only one in that school who followed proper protocol was the teacher. She needs to be lauded.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:08 am

Well stated.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:12 am

I will mention that at the Bouchard presser earlier today, he stated his department and the prosecutor's office are working well with one another now and are on the same page.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:38 am

The school should be sued if I worked in school and saw the drawings would be suspended and I'd check the backpack as well to see if there was a gun and call the police. I hope the parents spend a lot of time in jail for 10+ years.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:41 am

rushbuzz1013 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:07 am
Bobbert wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:36 am
Rick Grenon wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:29 pm
Ed Klee wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:17 am
It is a horrible event, innocent people killed a community hurting, however like everything else the media in Detroit is running it into the ground.
I totally agree.
I watched Channel 7 at 6 a.m. this morning. The tone and content of the reporting was very professional. Then they went to commercials. The first thing was a melodramatic montage of Channel 7's reporting of the story that was very lurid and tasteless. I turned the channel.
Nothing but sleazy self-serving marketing. They all do it, just one of many reasons I have come to hate media. I can't even watch Ch4 anymore.
Then there's today's Detroit Free Press, with its shameless grab for melodrama and journalism awards:

https://www.freep.com/

musicfan

Post by musicfan » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:39 pm

I've noticed that the local media circus has swung away from the True Tragedy of the dead teenagers and the injured. Each of our local stations have quickly taken the Inside Edition, or TMZ approach towards the sensational...each reporter (and even politician) jockeying for exposure to the National outlets (CNN, Fox News, ABC, Court TV, etc.). Obviously, they have studied the Gretchen Whitmer COVID Guide to the unnecessary, overexposed and annoying self-serving media hype. True journalism is nonexistent within the visual markets.

One thing that I did notice...Andrew Humphreys' obsessive nightly call out to "our friends and neighbors" in Oxford has gone away. Side note: What was Tlaib doing showing her grill at the downtown Oxford memorial event?? Oh, I forgot..."I need to get my insincere face in front of a camera for all to see, even though I am miles away from my home district".

Anyhow, over the next few days, the media circus will converge upon Lake Orion and Oxford to swarm upon the unthinkable grief surrounding the families and community as the dead youths' funerals commence. The race for national attention is on. These people seem to have less compassion, or empathy toward the actual tragedy. These reporters are souls without boundaries. Just watch, once the funerals are behind us, their rabid attention will focus on the kid, the parents, the school, the politicians, etc. The executed youth and surviving family members and a traumatized community will be placed on the back burner. Of course, we will be offered the obligatory bone only to become amped up again when Oxford High School is reopened. At which time, their rabid thirst for ratings will look beyond the returning student/staff/parent apprehensions, grief, etc. Without fail, they will ram their microphones down these people's throats asking obvious questions which will only lead to reopening the gaping wounds of the innocent. Stay in your lane...Oxford and its surrounding community will take care of their own.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:18 pm

I find it disgusting that local embarrassment and known fraud Mitch Albom was allowed to write on this tragedy. He should have been run out of town over a decade ago. His continued employment is an indictment of journalism in Metro Detroit and is a key reason why I refuse to take major media outlets serious.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:39 pm

There are some seriously pathetic clumps of overgrown semen in this thread. I'm not surprised, though. It's the same thing from the same people every time. Nothing's shocking.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:52 pm

I will readily admit that I did not care for the Freep's banner headline choice today.

A more dignified choice of words should have been used.

I have no issue with Bouchard and others granting interview requests.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:56 pm

This isn't surprising...
The couple once lived in Florida but returned to Michigan several years ago, their lawyers said. They bought their home near downtown Oxford in 2015.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:46 pm

The Oxford Community Schools have declined the AG’s offer to open a third party investigation of the shooting.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic