Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Oxford High School shooting

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Oxford High School shooting

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:05 am

Sig Sauer 9MM handgun. The perp had three magazines, each with 15 rounds. Not all of the rounds had been fired when he was apprehended.

Quick action by law enforcement perhaps prevented additional injuries or casualties.

Am anxious to learn more about the apprehension itself.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:09 am

The news outlets have begun to identify those students whose lives were lost.

The young man who perished was the football team captain.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:31 am

I’m hoping to see what the kid looks like once they get him charged presumably as an adult. Sounds like home may or may not have been a jacked up place given the sudden lawyering up which is weird to me. Maybe his parents don’t believe it?

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:52 am

Reagan4prez wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:50 pm
I've just unfriended about a dozen people on Facebook. Why? Because of their zeal to jump to politicizing this horrific tragedy.

"This is Biden's America now."

"Another reason to pull your kids out of public schools."

"All teachers should be armed."

"But I thought schools were gun-free zones."

There's no good reason for any of these comments now. Sure, I'm all for debating policy, but people lost their kids today. Others are at hospitals hoping to stay alive. Let's pull together rather than apart.
I don't friend anyone anymore on Facebook. I tried it once and found out things I didn't like about people.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:02 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:34 am
Good question.

Was impressed by WXYZ's coverage last evening. They were the only TV station I saw report live from outside of the perp's home and speak to the family's neighbors. (Perhaps other stations did as well at some point.)
I turned Channel 7 on for a couple of minutes this morning. It felt like they were milking the drama of it all. I guess that's natural, and fills air time, but it does nothing for me.

So, ironically, I turned back to one of the more depressing episodes of Dragnet.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:05 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:09 am
The young man who perished was the football team captain.
I was looking through some nearby old High School Yearbooks on Classmates. Not Oxford HS. Nearby Grand Blanc and Goodrich were two though, oddly enough. But seeing the pictures of those wonderful kids who were shot and died, I have a suspicion about the motives.

I suspect that envy may have been a motive. The pictures I have seen of the clean cut victims are the type that would have had 8 or more activities listed in the index at the back of the yearbooks. Valedictorians, Homecoming Queens, Football Stars and other Athletes like you say, multiple instrumental and vocal music participation, National Honor Society, Debate, and the like.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:22 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:31 am
I’m hoping to see what the kid looks like once they get him charged presumably as an adult. Sounds like home may or may not have been a jacked up place given the sudden lawyering up which is weird to me. Maybe his parents don’t believe it?
Fox2 was saying the family was "lawyering up" and "not cooperating" with police, but just because you retain a lawyer to protect you own civil or Constitutional rights should not be interpreted as "not cooperating". I think you'd be a moron to not retain counsel for any serious interaction with law enforcement.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:24 pm

I agree that envy is a possible motive.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:24 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:24 pm
I agree that envy is a possible motive.
UK Press IDs "Suspect" as Ethan Crumbley.

Reportedly tried to get into Advanced Placement, Chemistry, Engineering, and Mathematics type classes to target students, STEM College Prep.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:35 pm

Indeed, that is the name of the shooter. He is being arraigned this afternoon.

The county prosecutor in today's 2PM press conference said there is a "mountain" of "digital evidence" proving pre-meditation.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 821411002/

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:45 pm

Is that a current picture?

I think it is a cheap shot at religion to have a picture showing him apparently praying.

Some are saying SSRIs/Antidepressants may have been a factor.

https://www.livescience.com/32934-do-an ... 2html.html
Last edited by Ben Zonia on Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Author Unknown

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:56 pm

No such picture appears on the mobile friendly version of the story.

Am unable to pull it up on a desktop PC at the moment.

I have not seen a pic of the murderer as of yet.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:03 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:56 pm
No such picture appears on the mobile friendly version of the story.

Am unable to pull it up on a desktop PC at the moment.

I have not seen a pic of the murderer as of yet.
Maybe it's not him, but here's where I saw it, or a UK source.

https://nypost.com/2021/12/01/michigan- ... -crumbley/

The cheap shot before it disappears down the memory hole.

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/s ... all&w=1934

I find it so offensive of a cheap shot, I won't post the actual picture.

-Author Unknown

RadioDork11

Post by RadioDork11 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:09 pm

So I had to listen to Mojo this morning because that's what my ride to work listens to. It's going to be a different show here this morning because of what happened yesterday in Oxford. No dirty on the 30, phone scam blah blah. Mojo goes on to say the kids should be remembered. So many times it's the killers. Then he goes on to name three school shootings including Columbine and names all the gunmen for each one. At that time no names of the kids were released yet...so I get not remembering them...but to name off the shooters. I don't think Mojo is a bad gut or anything....it just irritated me. Sorry about the long post.

mr v

Post by mr v » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:14 am

Oxford Schools said both the student & parents were called into the office Tuesday morning to discuss the shooter's poor behavior in the classroom. If the shooting was at 1 PM, did he take the gun to school that morning, or go home to get it after the conference?
Kudo's to the sheriff's department for not staging outside and going directly into the school.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic