Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Need more local coverage of the GAME (WJBK related)

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

Need more local coverage of the GAME (WJBK related)

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:58 pm

For a station that prides itself in local coverage, I truly see a lack of it when it comes to two major college football programs in Michigan and Michigan State. I saw none during the Michigan/Michigan State game weeks ago, and that was the first top ten matchup between the two schools in 57 years. Michigan has a MAJOR one this Saturday that airs on Fox nationally (mind you, the Michigan vs Michigan State game also aired on Fox nationally), yet there is no coverage from the local Fox owned and operated station at all. Yet, Fox 2 continues to give all the attention to a sorry, winless football team in the Detroit Lions. What the heck is going on with Fox 2? I’ve truly seen a lack of Fox promotions from them lately, especially when it comes to college football, and Fox carries Big Ten football. Are things that out of whack with the station?

Like I said, I think there’s some crap going on behind the scenes at WJBK. They seem to be really unorganized and it’s also reflecting on their news coverage.

Deleted User 14896

Re: Need more local coverage of the GAME (WJBK related)

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:19 am

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:58 pm
For a station that prides itself in local coverage, I truly see a lack of it when it comes to two major college football programs in Michigan and Michigan State. I saw none during the Michigan/Michigan State game weeks ago, and that was the first top ten matchup between the two schools in 57 years. Michigan has a MAJOR one this Saturday that airs on Fox nationally (mind you, the Michigan vs Michigan State game also aired on Fox nationally), yet there is no coverage from the local Fox owned and operated station at all. Yet, Fox 2 continues to give all the attention to a sorry, winless football team in the Detroit Lions. What the heck is going on with Fox 2? I’ve truly seen a lack of Fox promotions from them lately, especially when it comes to college football, and Fox carries Big Ten football. Are things that out of whack with the station?

Like I said, I think there’s some crap going on behind the scenes at WJBK. They seem to be really unorganized and it’s also reflecting on their news coverage.
You say they cover the Lions more than they should cover other things. I will agree. But IMO, Woodriffe thinks basketball is a little too all that.
I've seen him talk about and show video from a Pistons game, and two local university teams (I dunno remember maybe UofD Mercy and Wayne, something like that),
Yet not say a peep about the Tigers game that same night.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic