Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I'm jealous of DFW!!!

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

I'm jealous of DFW!!!

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:49 am

The lame-ass Church of Lazlo was just cancelled there. Friday was its last day on the air on KVIL.

Unfortunately, his misplaced show (which belongs on a non-political talk station) continues - for now - locally on Fault 98.7.

Mega Hertz

Re: I'm jealous of DFW!!!

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:21 am

I got the word last night from a friend that lives in the DFW area. Not only that, but they had been pushing for the return of a beloved local jock, and got him back as well. So DFW is batting 1.000 thus far.

Now to get some changes made in our area.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

BKRPDM

Post by BKRPDM » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:35 am

I had never listened to COL, but I tried yesterday. Bad move. After 90 minutes of just a few good tunes, with some really bad ones mixed in; and then a riveting (lol) discussion of “What is the weirdest thing that you’ve masturbated to?”, with mind-numbing comments, I’m done. This is pathetic.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:47 am

Best thing I ever heard on that show was dead air (which seems to happen often on that station. Gee, wonder why). You can tell when someone is TRYING to be shocking.

Ditch the lame ass shows (that morning show ain't that much better), add a lot more gold, and I bet they would get up to a 2.3 or more.

Oh, and could we maybe have ONE local voice, live, in the studio? Unfortunately, unlike Dallas, I don't think we have many (if any) jocks of that caliber that could attract older listeners. Problem is, most (if not all) were Canadian. What classic 89x or 105.1 jock could do that?

MW'a favorite...JHud! 🤣

-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:04 pm

J-Hud sucks.

One former 89X'er, Holly Hutton, is already in the building. She's been a prominent part of WYCD for a number of years now.

Cristina is the 89X jock most capable of attracting adult demos.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:33 pm

Detroit Metro is way better than Dallas Fort Worth.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:00 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:04 pm
J-Hud sucks.

One former 89X'er, Holly Hutton, is already in the building. She's been a prominent part of WYCD for a number of years now.

Cristina is the 89X jock most capable of attracting adult demos.
I would LOVE to have Cristina back. Vince Cannova was another favorite back in the day.

But, hey, they give us what they should be playing for 4 hours on Sunday morning. Prime time real estate!

-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

Editorcj - you're right. Faced two very lengthy delays at DFW in 2014 and 2015. In one case, my connecting flight to Austin departed nearly 4 hours late!

I prefer Love Field big time.

Also takes a long time to drive to downtown Dallas from DFW. (Metro is no better in that regard.)

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:50 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:47 am
Best thing I ever heard on that show was dead air (which seems to happen often on that station. Gee, wonder why). You can tell when someone is TRYING to be shocking.

Ditch the lame ass shows (that morning show ain't that much better), add a lot more gold, and I bet they would get up to a 2.3 or more.

Oh, and could we maybe have ONE local voice, live, in the studio? Unfortunately, unlike Dallas, I don't think we have many (if any) jocks of that caliber that could attract older listeners. Problem is, most (if not all) were Canadian. What classic 89x or 105.1 jock could do that?

MW'a favorite...JHud! 🤣
Greg St. James, and Darren Revell were good, but are likely "aged out" of the desired demo by now.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

BKRPDM

Post by BKRPDM » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:11 pm

I always thought that Thom Kikot (93.9, 96.3) did a great job.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:09 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:50 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:47 am

MW'a favorite...JHud! 🤣
Greg St. James, and Darren Revell were good, but are likely "aged out" of the desired demo by now.
What's worse than that is, unless they were starving and eating Alpo 3 times a day, I don't think any of them want much of anything to do with that corporations like Audacy are labeling as "alternative".

-TurkeyTop

drew10219

Post by drew10219 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:31 pm

Kelly Brown in on 107.1 Ann Arbor she still sounds good, Zac was on 93.9 she would be good
Christina would be excellent or even Greg Gnuyp could be fun at night
the jocks being Canadian isn't an issue. Mike Harrison did 96.3 for a couple of years

sfpcc1

Post by sfpcc1 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:36 pm

[q

What's worse than that is, unless they were starving and eating Alpo 3 times a day, I don't think any of them want much of anything to do with that corporations like Audacy are labeling as "alternative".

Ramen Noodles are cheaper than Alpo.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:12 pm

Kelly Brown sounds quite different these days. I wonder if she's had some health challenges. Sounds nothing like the perky, upbeat personality I recall from 89X.

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:09 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:12 pm
Kelly Brown sounds quite different these days. I wonder if she's had some health challenges. Sounds nothing like the perky, upbeat personality I recall from 89X.
She probably had to mellow out a tad for 107one’s presentation style. I think she still sounds pretty good on the air.

take this job and shove it

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic