Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Valenti & Rico

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
craig11152

Re: Valenti & Rico

Post by craig11152 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:11 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:47 pm
I think Mike and Rico have been fair to Michigan.
They aren't fair to Michigan but they don't have to be.
If I spent 95% of the time dwelling on my kids failures and the 5% I wasn't banging on their failures always had an asterisk attached I'm not being fair to my kids and my kids might not want to be around me.
As a Michigan fan that's how I see those two. That is part of why I rarely listen and when I do I often end up "leaving the room".

I no longer directly engage trolls

Gertner

Post by Gertner » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:20 pm

They are totally fair. Crybaby Michigan fans just hate hearing it

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:06 pm

Lololololololol yeah, let's talk crybaby for a minute, shall we?

Monday: "the blue wall! All anyone talks about locally is Michigan! All anyone talks about nationally is Michigan! Wah! We don't get coverage! Wah! Victim! Wah! Martyr!"

Tuesday: "248-539-9797, Jim Harbaugh rips a fart in the locker room and it smells like chili beans. It echoed off the wall. If Mel Tucker had farted like that, it would be national news. But, no. Michigan, Michigan, Michigan! In fact, I'm gonna talk Michigan for the next two hours. So, this fart..."

Wednesday: "All anyone talks about is Michigan! Michigan, Michigan, Michigan! Blue wall! Not fair!"

Thursday: "Jim Harbaugh's left shoe came untied. He can't even keep his shoes tied! Let's get into this. If Mel Tucker's left shoe came untied it would be front page news! But all anyone talks about is Michigan, so I'm gonna talk MORE Michigan for the next two hours!"

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:24 am

Gertner wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:20 pm
Their criticism is fair. I won't dispute that.
That isn't my point.
My point is simply that measuring "fair" in a bigger sense is to weigh the amount of negative versus positive.
And to be clear I am only talking about Valenti and Rico.
If someone is a Spartan fan they will likely love those guys and that is completely understandable. But a Spartan fan shouldn't delude themselves in to thinking they are fair.
And I will say it again....their criticism is fair, its the shear volume vs any positive that is the reason lots of Michigan fans aren't fond of the show.

I no longer directly engage trolls

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:42 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:24 am
Gertner wrote:
That isn't my point.
My point is simply that measuring "fair" in a bigger sense is to weigh the amount of negative versus positive.
If someone is a Spartan fan they will likely love those guys and that is completely understandable. But a Spartan fan shouldn't delude themselves in to thinking they are fair.
And I will say it again....their criticism is fair, its the shear volume vs any positive that is the reason lots of Michigan fans aren't fond of the show.
Well, I am a Michigan fan that likes the show, but I don't like hearing echo chambers all the time either.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:53 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:42 am
craig11152 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:24 am
Gertner wrote:
That isn't my point.
Well, I am a Michigan fan that likes the show, but I don't like hearing echo chambers all the time either.
Exactly. I love the show for a myriad of reasons. If I want hosts to smell their own farts, I will tune in 1050 WTKA, or just listen to Jansen or Karsch. And I'll give Mike credit. He called into Riger after the game and gave them props. It's the nitpicking and martyr stance that gets old.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:07 am

Mike said Michigan would win. He picked it correctly. Honestly, the only one I enjoyed listening to when he actually talked football was Beckman, but he's gone.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic