Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

93.1 FM craps the bed in the latest Nielsen audio ratings survey

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

93.1 FM craps the bed in the latest Nielsen audio ratings survey

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:46 pm

One wonders - how much lower will 93.1's ratings go???

Obviously, the team of Broadway & (too old) Roxanne isn't getting the job done in mornings. I believe the latest ratings survey represents 93.1's worst performance of the past five years, perhaps longer.

I mean - how HORRIBLE must Cumulus' corporate programming staff be in order to achieve only a 1.7 share (!!!) with country music in a rust belt city like Detroit?

The station also trailed throwaway stations Alt 98.7 and Hot 107.5 in CUME (i.e. # of unique listeners per week).

Un-friggin-believable. Flip the damn station to Soft AC already!

https://radioinsight.com/ratings/detroit/

The news isn't all bad for Cumulus, though. Sister station 96.3 WDVD performed very well.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

ChrisWL1980

Re: 93.1 FM craps the bed in the latest Nielsen audio ratings survey

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:21 pm

I know Cumulus wants coverage for their corporate country programming in Detroit, but I think at this point they could just put it on an HD side channel and not many people would miss it. I bet at this point even Westwood One's Classic Country or Real Country formats would get better ratings, instead of duplicating WYCD's pop heavy playlist.

I really am surprised no one moved to fill the Soft AC hole after The Breeze flipped. Instead of trying to accommodate the Breeze listeners, WNIC went hotter and is now playing Chris Brown, 24KGoldn and The Kid Laroi next to Celine Dion and Mariah Carey ballads from the '90s. Does Cumulus do Soft AC elsewhere? I know Westwood One has a 24/7 Lite AC format. Even that would be better than what they have now despite lack of localism.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:36 pm

Well, as far as they're concerned, so long as it's making some kind of profit and it's a 1.7 being taken away from WYCD, they couldn't give a crouching tiger, flying fuck.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

option1

Post by option1 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:39 pm

Quit trying to sue former employees with toilet paper non-competes who bail the sinking ship and go to a sports talk station.

Lamest shit by a GM ever. Karma MoFo.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:36 am

The funny thing is - she didn't even go to a real radio station. She went to a sports-oriented web site that offers live streaming.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:35 am

I just looked at the WDRQ music log. Holy shit is that playlist rotten. Tons of Dan + Shay, Sam Hunt, and other assorted no talent douche bags. No thanks!!!

Steve79

Post by Steve79 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:48 am

Pull the plug....
I agree soft AC, Lite FM 93.1 or bring back the breeze name. :x

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:08 am

Steve79 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:48 am
Pull the plug....
I agree soft AC, Lite FM 93.1 or bring back the breeze name. :x
Eddie Rogers is still in town. He has, or had, a fancy high paying gig at Ford. Probably retired by now. Pat Holliday is in Calgary, AB. Not sure about Ted Anthony. Hell, all 3 could probably VT the whole thing for the right price. Won't happen, but it certainly could be done. :hat

"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Greg Buben

Post by Greg Buben » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:13 am

WDRQ owned by Cumulus in Detroit is quite similar to "Thunder Country" owned by Cumulus in G.R. They both play the
same major label modern country hits of the 2000's and always get beat by their competition. Only in Flint and A.A.
can they run that format right where there's no local competition.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic