Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Possible development with Windy Williams (WJBK related)

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

Possible development with Windy Williams (WJBK related)

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:02 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesix.co ... -slot/amp/

They are saying the Nick Cannon show could end up replacing Windy if her health isn’t cleared up.

Question is, where does this leave Fox 2? Would they get Nick Cannon off CBS 62? I still think it was a mistake for Fox 2 not to pick up Nick Cannon’s show. I still think the station is making questionable decisions as of late but that’s just me. I do believe some things are going on behind the scenes and the station right now is in a bit of a mess.

Let’s see what happens.

Deleted User 14896

Re: Possible development with Windy Williams (WJBK related)

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:41 pm

I think Fox2 is messing up if they are taking Wendy off. There is a sizable audience that people like Williams, Loni Love, Maurielle Lue, and Sheryl Underwood over on 62, appeal to. Taking the bigger girls off the air may be a boo-boo. Nick Cannon may be easy on the eyes. But he's not someone the oversized Couch Queens at home can relate to.

BillT

Post by BillT » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:14 pm

All these kind of shows are waste of time garbage. I feel sorry for anyone who watches shows like Channel 2's On the Nine everyday. They have no lives.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:01 pm

BillT wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:14 pm
All these kind of shows are waste of time garbage. I feel sorry for anyone who watches shows like Channel 2's On the Nine everyday. They have no lives.
To a certain extent, you are correct.
I have said this before. How many people are actually WATCHING the Nine? Not how many sets have it on. Fox2 has been #1 in the morning every times someone post the ratings here. But I'm thinking as far as folks actually watching the set, more folks are actually paying attention to Today and GMA.

At my house, Fox2 is often on from the time my wife rolls out of bed until Wendy gets off. But out of that 4 or 5 hours, she isn't actually parked in front of the TV much. My wife will turn it on when she gets her coffee, sit and watch until the first forecast she sees. Then she gets up and starts putzing around the house. If the jingle for the cooking show goes off, she often migrates back to the set and watches that. Or sits and half pays attention while she's folding laundry or whatever. The TV is on, but no one is watching it.

Like you, I don't quite understand watching the same things talked about over and over again.
In the morning, Fox2 basically repeats weather and traffic every 10 minutes, and about every 20 minutes goes to Josh Landon or Robin Murdoch or whoever is out on the street covering an event that morning. Why would anyone pay attention to the TV once they have cycled thru that once or twice would mystify me. I'm not critiquing Fox2 for doing that. They are doing what they should be doing, updating folks in that 10-20 minute window between the time they get up, and the time they go out the door.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:13 pm

FOX2 (WJBK) hasn't been the same in the morning since the legend, Al Allen retired....

"I'm here on the Grand River overpass of The Lodge freeway at 5am, where it's already -15 degrees, wind chill -60, a foot of snow and a blizzard, and NO F*cking traffic to report because it's snowing and a f*cking blizzard...Al Allen FOX2 reporting...back to you at the warm and dry WJBK studios, Allen and Lucy"....

jsf

Post by jsf » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:25 am

I was once in a Dr.s waiting room and that Wendy show was on their TV and I thought to my self " I sure glad I had to work all my life so I wouldn't be stuck watching this junk all day".Who has nothing to do but watch this stuff, get a life.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:39 am

WWJ will keep Nick Cannon since they signed on for his talker WJBK will have to wait to get Nick Cannon when the contract comes up. In West Michigan, Nexstar airs Wendy Williams since day 1 on WOTV at 10AM Sinclair airs Nick Cannon on CW7 at 4PM what Nexstar could do is get Steve Wilkos as that isn't cleared anymore in West Michigan. Since WXMI Fox17 didn't renew Steve Wilkos Nexstar could sign and take Steve Wilkos if Wendy Williams doesn't return.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic