Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit Classic Rock Radio

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
matt1

Re: Detroit Classic Rock Radio

Post by matt1 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:38 pm

From 40 years ago in October of 1981, 98.7 WLLZ playin' Head East, fresh rock from Rainbow that was "Jealous Lover" & a block of Led Zeppelin.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:46 pm

How do you know that?

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:41 pm

Just before 6PM, WLLZ played "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't WOMC already play that song way too much? :x

I know what Wheels is trying to do, and this is NOT the way to do it.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Deleted User 15688

Post by Deleted User 15688 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:32 pm

Frosty wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:40 pm
Don't lose any sleep over it, Mega Hertz. In 2030, do you really think OTA radio broadcasting will still exist? I don't.
Traditional OTA radio will still exist 8 years from now. Question for you Frosty, what will replace it? Certainly not internet radio, hundreds of internet radio stations are hurting due to royalty fees that are killing streaming radio. If you’re not YouTube or IHeart or any of the giant streamers you will not be able to keep up on the royalty fees. There have been a number of promising internet radio stations in the past 3 years that went out of business due to royalty fees and the covid epidemic (which did not help things) now with podcasts, radio especially internet radio is feeling the hurt. Today we are all part of a on demand society, especially with our entertainment. If you want music or video you simply will have to pay for it and you are able to listen to music or view a video or movie when you want it, but you will eventually have to pay. Now that’s where free OTA radio will still be around for a long time, because it’s free and reaches the masses. On the other hand internet radio will also be around but one internet radio station can only attract a handful of listeners at one time and an OTA radio station can attract tens of thousands of listeners at one time in an area like Detroit. Radio will still be around in 2030, 2040 and so on, but it will indeed be changing with the times.

senpaisai

Post by senpaisai » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:44 pm

Art rock and progressive rock have been purity purged off the airwaves despite the fact that enough people still love progressive rock enough to throw money at it. Of course, Dream Theater is a beast, but ever since Styx and Kansas have gone back to thier progressive roots, thier last few studio albums have done very well. But they've been very shrewd and careful not to release new material the same week or month DT, Metallica, or Iron Maiden does. Still doesn't change the fact that out of 14 tracks on the most recent reissue of "The Very Best Of Kansas", you'll only hear the same 3 usual songs over and over again. You won't be hearing "The Devil Game" on WLLZ nor "Throwing Mountains" on WRIF ...

Heck, I only heard "Incomudro" on the WCSX once in my life during an album side weekend in the mid 1990s. Freakin' life time ago ...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic