Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Which Detroit station will make the bold move back to the city??

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Which Detroit station will make the bold move back to the city??

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:11 am

Truthfully, Detroit’s crime rate was far less than other cities from last year.
You are very mistaken, unfortunately.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 883984001/

http://www.iosconews.com/news/state/art ... 70d98.html
As far as the neighborhoods, that’s already being addressed. There’s major development planned or are already being worked on for several big time neighborhoods. Detroit does have a 20 year plan, so it’s safe to say it’s going to be in far better shape in 2041.
Wow - you accept every ounce of bullshit the politicians sell hook, line & sinker, don't you?
It’s come a mighty long way since 2001. This isn’t just an opinion. These are actual facts.
I would agree insofar as downtown, midtown and the east side riverfront are concerned. Perhaps Corktown, too. The rest of the city? It's the same shithole it's always been.

By the way, the so-called downtown Detroit "studio" is nothing more than some glass walls, a small anchor desk and two cameras in the lobby of the Chase Building on Woodward Ave. I used to visit that building regularly.

I always thought it was incredibly moronic that the station would force an anchor - who probably lives in Oakland County or NW Wayne County - to drive from Southfield all the way to downtown just so the Noon newscast could be broadcast from that fish bowl. All for something that almost assuredly has zero impact on ratings and minimal impact on ad revenue.

Speaking of the Chase Building, I guess the efforts of Gilbert's cronies to rename that building "The Qube" didn't stick. :lol

Now that Mr. Gilbert has changed the name of his mortgage lending company yet again, does this mean the Q-Line will soon be renamed the Rocket Line? :rollin

I hope by some miracle Detroit is indeed in far better shape 10 to 20 years from now, especially the neighborhoods. I just am having a very hard time picturing anything other than minor improvement at best.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:57 am

Morningside, and East English Village, recently once liveable neighborhoods, have never recovered from the disastrous Bush/Obama recession. Sure, it varies from block to block as far as blight is concerned, but it's pretty bad over there. On the westside, Rosedale Park was always nice, but I have not been through there in quite a number of years.

In-fill development could fix Morningside and East English, if the demand for SFR's is there, but someone had better get on it soon.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:35 am

You have to wonder what happened to Lansing and Southbend?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:14 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:11 am
Now that Mr. Gilbert has changed the name of his mortgage lending company yet again, does this mean the Q-Line will soon be renamed the Rocket Line? :rollin
The use of "Q" as part of a name for anything seems problematic now, having been co-opted by QAnon and its franchised affiliates.
"Rocket," though, would also not seem appropriate naming for any streetcar line!

SixPlusOne

Post by SixPlusOne » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:42 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:15 am
I can’t see 7 doing it, because they are way too attached to Broadcast House. I can’t see 56 doing it. I think it’s either going to be Fox 2 or CBS62/CW50. My bet is on Fox 2. Why? I think Fox Television Stations would dish out the cash for it, and Fox 2 seems to have coverage more focused on the city than 7.
None of them will move. There is no motivation to move not to mention the cost to do it.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:29 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:11 am
Truthfully, Detroit’s crime rate was far less than other cities from last year.
You are very mistaken, unfortunately.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 883984001/

http://www.iosconews.com/news/state/art ... 70d98.html
As far as the neighborhoods, that’s already being addressed. There’s major development planned or are already being worked on for several big time neighborhoods. Detroit does have a 20 year plan, so it’s safe to say it’s going to be in far better shape in 2041.
Wow - you accept every ounce of bullshit the politicians sell hook, line & sinker, don't you?
It’s come a mighty long way since 2001. This isn’t just an opinion. These are actual facts.
I would agree insofar as downtown, midtown and the east side riverfront are concerned. Perhaps Corktown, too. The rest of the city? It's the same shithole it's always been.

By the way, the so-called downtown Detroit "studio" is nothing more than some glass walls, a small anchor desk and two cameras in the lobby of the Chase Building on Woodward Ave. I used to visit that building regularly.

I always thought it was incredibly moronic that the station would force an anchor - who probably lives in Oakland County or NW Wayne County - to drive from Southfield all the way to downtown just so the Noon newscast could be broadcast from that fish bowl. All for something that almost assuredly has zero impact on ratings and minimal impact on ad revenue.

Speaking of the Chase Building, I guess the efforts of Gilbert's cronies to rename that building "The Qube" didn't stick. :lol

I hope by some miracle Detroit is indeed in far better shape 10 to 20 years from now, especially the neighborhoods. I just am having a very hard time picturing anything other than minor improvement at best.

It’s called speaking life into a situation and having faith. I don’t word curse others and speak negativity into things. The comments is proof why this area is polarized. It’s the attitudes of many who were born pre-1985 that causes the toxicity. Nonetheless, I speak life, not condemnation.

I say this: Detroit is an upcoming city! Yes I said it!

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:55 pm

Why would a station want to put their employees lives at risk by moving back to the city?That has no bearing on a newscast. It would not be a bold move, it would be a bad move.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:26 pm

Detroit, Flint, and other cities will come back when all the highest crime and burned out areas are totally demolished, and the land is vacant and valuable enough to redevelop from scratch, including sub lot size, street layout, and traffic flow replatting. High density and Cabrini Green type high rise developments are not the answer. You have to have more than 40 foot lots. You can build smaller, more affordable houses, but not tiny houses.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:02 pm

whitebalance wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:55 pm
Why would a station want to put their employees lives at risk by moving back to the city?That has no bearing on a newscast. It would not be a bold move, it would be a bad move.
You do realize the stations send crews out to the city at all times of the day.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

Steve B

Post by Steve B » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:29 pm

whitebalance wrote:
You realize that WDIV never left, right? I guess they've been putting their employees' lives at risk the whole time. It doesn't have *much* bearing on a newscast whether the studio is in Detroit or suburbs, but probably some.

Herm

Post by Herm » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:25 am

whitebalance wrote:
Lives at risk? Lighten up Francis.
Have you ever seen how people drive in southern Oakland County? Walking in Downtown Detroit is probably safer than trying to navigate 11 Mile & Southfield.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic