Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hmmm,is the news drought at CBS62 about to come to an end?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

Re: Hmmm,is the news drought at CBS62 about to come to an end?

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:32 am

As far as Paul, I will say is there are two sides to every story. I don’t know fully what’s going on there, but if anyone can deal with managing egos and personalities, it’s Paul. Just learning how challenging it is to build a newsroom and those challenges is probably what we are seeing now. I’ll just leave it there.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:03 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:14 pm
RebelwithoutAClause wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:12 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:35 pm
Luke wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:19 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:42 pm
I’m sure it’s about to be made public soon so be patient my friends. It’s happening very very soon.
You have been saying that for 10 months now.
Talking about the issue with the graphics. Just heard that’s moving in the right direction, that’s all.
HOWWWWW!!!!!!?
Maybe the equipment is a little more debugged. But he really has been sounding like he knows more than he does for 10 months now. I hope it goes to black at 1115pm in the middle of weather or something. That would be hilarious.

Not about me and what I know. I’m just about getting the information out there, based on what I receive. If that information is off, than it’s off. Life moves on. Be blessed my friend.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:21 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:32 am
As far as Paul, I will say is there are two sides to every story. I don’t know fully what’s going on there, but if anyone can deal with managing egos and personalities, it’s Paul. Just learning how challenging it is to build a newsroom and those challenges is probably what we are seeing now. I’ll just leave it there.
Do you actually know or talk to the guy?

Michiganviewer

Post by Michiganviewer » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:36 pm

This is going to be a 💩 show already if the type of journalism is going to be like that facebook post.

According to the facebook post he is already anchoring the evening news. That kind of writing suggest the news is launched and viewable. I looked at the tv guide and see no evening news on CBS62.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:37 pm

Michiganviewer wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:36 pm
This is going to be a 💩 show already if the type of journalism is going to be like that facebook post.

According to the facebook post he is already anchoring the evening news. That kind of writing suggest the news is launched and viewable. I looked at the tv guide and see no evening news on CBS62.

He’s doing the midday news. Jeff Skversky and Shaina Humphries are doing the evening newscasts.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:37 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnmQmB1Ouo- ... RmMjhlYjM=

Looks like they are doing rehearsals. I actually like the newsroom setup.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:15 pm

I'm glad they're finally doing rehearsals, but that setup looks goofy.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

LiveEye57

Post by LiveEye57 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:48 pm

For history's sake, an evolution of the WKBD-WWJ newsroom:

1989, a year after the new facility's opening:

Late 1990s/very early 2000s after the news had moved out of the newsroom:

Early to mid 2010s, converted into generic office space:

And today, as CBS News Detroit is finally on the horizon:

The vantage point of the second and fifth photos are pretty much exactly the same, as are the positions of the wrap around windows, while the CBS News Detroit sign is exactly where the smaller "The Ten O'Clock News" sign is in the first picture. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

MrTaterSalad

Post by MrTaterSalad » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:27 pm

Wait a second, that's the full news set? Where's the backdrop of downtown Detroit or the spot for graphics? Where's the CBS/CBS Detroit logo on the set? How are you going to fit all four of the anchors, weather, and sports at that desk? That set looks like it was designed for a HS AV class. What kind of low rent product is this?

When they didn't hire a true local professional like Christy McDonald or bring in any veteran local talent whatsoever, like a Frank Turner, that should have been an indicator of what type of product this was going to be.

LiveEye57

Post by LiveEye57 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:50 pm

MrTaterSalad wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:27 pm
Wait a second, that's the full news set? Where's the backdrop of downtown Detroit or the spot for graphics? Where's the CBS/CBS Detroit logo on the set? How are you going to fit all four of the anchors, weather, and sports at that desk? That set looks like it was designed for a HS AV class. What kind of low rent product is this?

When they didn't hire a true local professional like Christy McDonald or bring in any veteran local talent whatsoever, like a Frank Turner, that should have been an indicator of what type of product this was going to be.
They stated they were going for a working newsroom, while the brick and ironwork are obviously invoking Detroit's industrial heritage. I will grant you the white is kinda boring (and perhaps invites comparison to a Micro Center), but I could easily see them adding a few coats of paint after launch. I mean, the brickwork is begging for graffiti (putting the old WGPR butterfly somewhere would be an inspired homage).

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:28 pm

So they are all gonna stand there awkwardly close to each other... lovely.

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:50 pm

Is this going to be another Murphy Brown reboot?

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:20 pm

I see a very young Anu Prakash in one of those old photos. I miss her and want her back on TV, if they didn't open the checkbook and make Anu a serious offer then they aren't serious about competing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic