Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hmmm,is the news drought at CBS62 about to come to an end?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Lester The Nightfly

Re: Hmmm,is the news drought at CBS62 about to come to an end?

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:06 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:31 am
I see an anchor desk inside a smallish newsroom. That's the set? I guess my earlier comments about low budget were right on the money, if that is indeed the case. Not sure I'd even call that a "set.". Looks crappier and smaller than what channel 50 used 25 years ago.

Why do I have the feeling this is going to be a Fox 46 (Charlotte) style dumpster fire at launch?

Perhaps what I'm seeing is a temporary set of sorts until the full fledged set is complete?
I'm slightly surprised they just didn't throw up a green screen and key in an image or footage from HBO's The Newsroom.
Think of the ratings boost if Olivia Munn was occasionally seen wandering through the background...

Michiganviewer

Post by Michiganviewer » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:16 am

Was watching football and seen a promo for CBS News Detroit coming in January.

At this point, I could careless as its been too overhyped. They should have launched during midterm elections to get coverage and viewers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:37 pm

They seem to keep missing the launch dates they initially promote.

First, it was late summer.

Then, it was "later this fall" or "later this year."

Now, it's "January."

What a shit show.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:48 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:37 pm
They seem to keep missing the launch dates they initially promote.

First, it was late summer.

Then, it was "later this fall" or "later this year."

Now, it's "January."

What a shit show.
Delays will cause that. Blame CBS for this. Same thing happened with CBS News Miami.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:59 pm

Absolutely. As I've said multiple times in this thread, their track record when it comes to local news operations is rather lousy.

I think they bit off more than they could chew when promising 19 hours of live daily local news content via streaming beginning "late summer or early fall 2022". That timetable was unrealistic for so much content.

Wouldn't surprise me if the 19 hours of live daily content never happens. There will certainly be a CBS News Detroit streaming channel at some point, but I'd be surprised if it's more than 50 percent live content.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:59 am

My issue is the flat out incompetence from CBS. Since this has been in the making since Spring of 2021, all of this should’ve been good to go over three months ago. The fact that it took two months for their on-air equipment to finally arrive just shows how bad CBS is. That and the inspections they had to do last month and parts of this month is reason why this is debuting in January instead of the fall, as they promised.

I’m also disappointed in how little they’ve promoted their new hires. Their hires are all actually good, especially the guy who’s from the ABC owned station in Philly and the Meteorologist from Flint. If you want people to watch, you have to do better promotions. Just having these guys in the community isn’t enough. They have to promote, and promote hard.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:39 am

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:59 am
My issue is the flat out incompetence from CBS. Since this has been in the making since Spring of 2021, all of this should’ve been good to go over three months ago. The fact that it took two months for their on-air equipment to finally arrive just shows how bad CBS is. That and the inspections they had to do last month and parts of this month is reason why this is debuting in January instead of the fall, as they promised.

I’m also disappointed in how little they’ve promoted their new hires. Their hires are all actually good, especially the guy who’s from the ABC owned station in Philly and the Meteorologist from Flint. If you want people to watch, you have to do better promotions. Just having these guys in the community isn’t enough. They have to promote, and promote hard.
The equipment could have been delayed because of supply chain issues and you can’t do inspections until you have equipment. We tried to tell you originally that CBS has a lousy track record and don’t get your hopes up.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:27 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:39 am
CircleWXYZ wrote:

The equipment could have been delayed because of supply chain issues and you can’t do inspections until you have equipment. We tried to tell you originally that CBS has a lousy track record and don’t get your hopes up.
Nothing wrong with having optimism, especially since CBS made some necessary changes at the top. However, the fact that the execution is still poor is what makes this all disappointing

While they are obviously serious about having a good news operation here in Detroit, their promotions and execution has to improve. They have to learn to be patient as well.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:22 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:27 pm
Rate This wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:

Nothing wrong with having optimism, especially since CBS made some necessary changes at the top. However, the fact that the execution is still poor is what makes this all disappointing

While they are obviously serious about having a good news operation here in Detroit, their promotions and execution has to improve. They have to learn to be patient as well.
They have to learn to be patient? Aren’t you complaining they have been too
slow launching this which implies they are patiently putting it together which you disagree with?

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:27 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:22 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:27 pm
Rate This wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:

They have to learn to be patient? Aren’t you complaining they have been too
slow launching this which implies they are patiently putting it together which you disagree with?
Now you are just trying to find a reason to argue, imo. I said that, because CBS does indeed, have a issue of being impatient. Look at how fast they cancelled the news operation 20 years ago, when CBS chose the easy way instead of improving it.

That was when CBS had bad leadership at the top. It has changed since then, but I don’t want them to expect top ratings off the bat. This is why they have to promote local talent and be patient. I feel they will but I want to actually see it.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:37 pm

Only 10 viewers will watch CBS News Detroit they can't even get it off the ground. Since it hasn't launched yet because CBS management sucks so much.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:22 am

MasterB wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:37 pm
Only 10 viewers will watch CBS News Detroit they can't even get it off the ground. Since it hasn't launched yet because CBS management sucks so much.

That’s a bit drastic, my man. They will have way more viewers than that. However, to expect them to be in the top three right away is unrealistic as well.

They debut in January.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:35 am

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:22 am
MasterB wrote:

That’s a bit drastic, my man. They will have way more viewers than that. However, to expect them to be in the top three right away is unrealistic as well.

They debut in January.
There are only 3… so this thing will start off a complete dud.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:38 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:35 am
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:22 am
MasterB wrote:

They debut in January.
There are only 3… so this thing will start off a complete dud.
There’s about to be 4. Top 4 meaning: to be competitive with 7,4, and 2. Again, it’s unrealistic to think they won’t start out as dead last. CBS has to be patient I think they will, this time.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:28 am

More information that I’ve learned:

The needed equipment that was missing due to shipping and supply issues are definitely there. They are also doing touch ups with the newsroom and set to prepare for its January launch. They are working very hard to make sure they are ready to go. All the inspections are expected to be done before the end of the year.

I do believe Dr. Phil moving to 3 and Drew Barrymore moving to 9 am is happening. Need confirmation on this. However, I do know that 4,5, 6, and 11 pm time slots have definitely been cleared for CBS News Detroit.

When in January will it debut? I’m not sure! I expect we will find out soon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic