Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hmmm,is the news drought at CBS62 about to come to an end?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

Re: Hmmm,is the news drought at CBS62 about to come to an end?

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:22 am

CBS Detroit just made a bunch of hire announcements recently on their LinkedIn account.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:01 am

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:22 am
CBS Detroit just made a bunch of hire announcements recently on their LinkedIn account.
When I am putting real efforts into something I announce my hires exclusively on LinkedIn.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:37 am

A decent number of producers and MMJs have been hired, and they have at least three weathercasters (two of whom were already on staff), but so far I'm only seeing one sports anchor and maybe three news anchors.

Looks like they have a long way to go still. No launch date. Hell, I've not even seen any on-air "coming soon" teases lately.

I bet the launch will either be scaled down or pushed back to late fall. There's no way in hell they are on schedule with the original timetable.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Inundated

Post by Inundated » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:19 pm

I see the reporter/MMJ I know from Northeast Ohio is on board.

organman95

Post by organman95 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:48 pm

Hmm... maybe they'll launch at election time?

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:45 pm

An epic fail so far should've gotten the news already on air with the election $$$. CBS O&O's local newscasts are always at the bottom in major markets.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Captain Rock

Post by Captain Rock » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:21 am

You can now watch the new channel 62 newscast on the air! (well, sort of). The newly hired anchors and reporters are appearing on the 10 o’clock news on co-owned channel 50! I watched the program Wednesday evening, and this is what I saw:

Shaina Humphries is anchoring the local content portions of the program. They still include a lot of national and international stories with a separate anchor. The program is now an hour long. There were local news packages by reporters Gino Vicci, Andres Gutierrez, Luke Lester, and more, and they all included reporter stand-ups that could have been shot with a locked-down camera. Ronnie Duncan, the new sports reporter, did a sports oriented feature story, including a stand-up. And Kylee Miller did several weather reports. I spotted a hand-held stick microphone in one of the shots, and it did not have a mic flag identifying either channel or the CBS eye.

All the packages were well done, but they probably had a lot of time to edit them. Kylee Miller wore the same clothes that she did on the 11:00 weather segment on channel 62. I think that the CBS Detroit News is coming soon.

T’Variuness King

Post by T’Variuness King » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:59 am

Hearing the launch date will be October 4th.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:09 am

You heard wrong, evidently.

Still zero promotion for this new news operation that is supposedly forthcoming. Wouldn't surprise me if it does not launch until Q1 of next year. The cupboard still seems pretty bare in terms of air talent.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:47 am

Guys,

Paul is keeping everything close to the vest. Their last announcement was made when the people were hired weeks before. Their staff is nearly complete. We should get a date very soon. Them showing generic ads again are a clear sign that we are close. Be patient, everyone. From what I’m hearing, everything CBS Detroit is doing is clearly spot on

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:26 am

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:47 am
Guys,

Paul is keeping everything close to the vest. Their last announcement was made when the people were hired weeks before. Their staff is nearly complete. We should get a date very soon. Them showing generic ads again are a clear sign that we are close. Be patient, everyone. From what I’m hearing, everything CBS Detroit is doing is clearly spot on
Spot on? More like spot off.. there are no specific spots at all in fact. They are clearly fumbling this… they won’t make it to air before the election most likely.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:39 am

I saw some kind of "coming soon" tease on 62, but I was flipping channels and didn't realize until I passed it. It was done before I got back there.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:49 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:26 am
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:47 am
Guys,

Spot on? More like spot off.. there are no specific spots at all in fact. They are clearly fumbling this… they won’t make it to air before the election most likely.
These guys clearly know what they are doing. They are not going to show their hand. That’s it. Paul was a good hire and he obviously has a lot of help from CBS Corporate in building this operation. Like I said, patience.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:59 am

Not going to show their hand?

How do they expect to sell ad time - unless they are making ad agencies sign confidentiality agreements?

I have a feeling the product is gonna suck.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:29 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:59 am
Not going to show their hand?

How do they expect to sell ad time - unless they are making ad agencies sign confidentiality agreements?

I have a feeling the product is gonna suck.
I have the feeling we are being strung along by our friend here…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic