Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hmmm,is the news drought at CBS62 about to come to an end?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Michiganviewer

Re: Hmmm,is the news drought at CBS62 about to come to an end?

Post by Michiganviewer » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:03 am

OnTopic wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:02 am
Michiganviewer wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:15 pm
I cannot watch the weather segment. Ahmad Bajjey is too obnoxious and cocky. CBS needs to dump him and put Karen Carter in charge.
He seemed knowledgeable but I do not know where he seemed cocky. Do you have examples?
His smirks when he gets done talking, the hand movements. Just cockiness like he acts to be knowledgeable but is not since reading off a prompter.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:57 am

Michiganviewer wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:03 am
OnTopic wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:02 am
Michiganviewer wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:15 pm
I cannot watch the weather segment. Ahmad Bajjey is too obnoxious and cocky. CBS needs to dump him and put Karen Carter in charge.
He seemed knowledgeable but I do not know where he seemed cocky. Do you have examples?
His smirks when he gets done talking, the hand movements. Just cockiness like he acts to be knowledgeable but is not since reading off a prompter.
Ummm… in general people would read off a promoter to be coherent… it’s not like he drove to work in time to walk in and do the forecast with no knowledge of what’s going on… but it’s more akin to the presentation you gave in 11th grade where you had to talk off the cuff for 3 or 4 minutes.
Last edited by Rate This on Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

OnTopic

Post by OnTopic » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:37 am

[/quote]
[/quote]

Weather people do not read off of prompters. There is an array of monitors to see their graphics when there is a green screen but I do not know if that specific part exists with the CBS monitor setup.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:58 am

I'm glad to see Ahmad put the tie on. He looks so much more professional.

I do understand what michiganviewer is referring to, but it's not so objectionable to me. There are much worse folks doing the weather (Brandon, is that you?).

Caught a little of their post-SotS presentation and thought they did a pretty good job.

Inundated

Post by Inundated » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:39 pm

Been watching on and off the past few days.

The anchors are fine, Ronnie Duncan is a slightly older/more toned down version of the "Slam" we knew here, and I am most impressed with the weather guy.

The reporters are good, including our local guy who I just saw for the first time. Good to see him! He's a Kent State graduate who was most recently in Baltimore.

The set looks like they built it and realized that they had to move the left side in to make it fit.

I wonder how many people will watch, especially the Internet only live newscasts.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:28 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:52 am
I think Ahmed is a very good forecaster and broadcaster, and I disagree with the critique above.

The station needs to give him a better setup for delivering his weathercast. The current setup is garbage.
I love Ahmed. He’s very accurate. However, I prefer Karen Carter. They need to do more with her, as she’s been there for a long time.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:29 pm

Inundated wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:39 pm

The anchors are fine, Ronnie Duncan is a slightly older/more toned down version of the "Slam" we knew here, and I am most impressed with the weather guy.

The reporters are good, including our local guy who I just saw for the first time. Good to see him! He's a Kent State graduate who was most recently in Baltimore.

The set looks like they built it and realized that they had to move the left side in to make it fit.

I wonder how many people will watch, especially the Internet only live newscasts.
The newscasts are live and streaming.

Inundated

Post by Inundated » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:00 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Inundated wrote:

I believe that the 6:30 and 7 PM shows are online only and not on 62, am I right?

It's all online for me here in Northeast Ohio...

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:28 pm

Inundated wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:00 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Inundated wrote:

I believe that the 6:30 and 7 PM shows are online only and not on 62, am I right?

It's all online for me here in Northeast Ohio...

That’s right. Only 6 and 11 pm are on air.

Luke

Post by Luke » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:16 am

Looks like the 5pm show starts February 6th. Dr Phil is moving to 3pm (replacing 25 Words or Less).

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:53 pm

Luke wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:16 am
Looks like the 5pm show starts February 6th. Dr Phil is moving to 3pm (replacing 25 Words or Less).
Actually, it’s starts tomorrow. Dr. Phil moves to 3 pm.

25 Words or less is demoted to 50. It airs tomorrow at 9 am.

https://www.tvpassport.com/tv-listings/ ... oit-mi/128

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:12 pm

I'll give credit where credit is due. I'm liking the 5PM show so far.

Great anchors, and much better in studio camera angles than I saw last week. The annoying steel beams are no longer shown in the anchor shots.

Ahmad's forecast area still needs better lighting and contrast.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:01 am

Terrence Friday made a great first impression today. He’s young but is definitely experienced. He’s from KDFW in Dallas, yet another Fox O&O. Rachelle Graham is always a treat.

Amyre Makupson, Jr was definitely out of practice as she filled in for Shaina Humphries yesterday. But she was a lot better on the 11 pm newscast.

I’m shocked they debuted the 5pm newscast so fast. Internal numbers must’ve been really good last week. I suspect the morning newscasts will debut as early as February and as late as March.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:09 am

I only watched the first five or six minutes of the 6PM show yesterday. I did like the cross talk between Amyre and her male co-anchor at the start of the newscast. I'll give him a grade of B- so far. He's a little too stiff for my liking. I prefer Terrence's delivery of the news.

I'm not a fan of the full (or nearly full) weathercast near the start of the 6PM newscast. I can get the weather forecast from my phone. Reminds me of the Ft. Wayne-produced broadcast that used to air on channel 20 several years ago. Then, midway through the 30 minute broadcast, WWJ-TV does another weathercast of similar length. Do they not have enough actual NEWS content to fill the front end of the 6PM newscast? They keep boasting of all these journalists "in the field," but I'm underwhelmed so far in that regard.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:36 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:09 am
I only watched the first five or six minutes of the 6PM show yesterday. I did like the cross talk between Amyre and her male co-anchor at the start of the newscast. I'll give him a grade of B- so far. He's a little too stiff for my liking. I prefer Terrence's delivery of the news.

I'm not a fan of the full (or nearly full) weathercast near the start of the 6PM newscast. I can get the weather forecast from my phone. Reminds me of the Ft. Wayne-produced broadcast that used to air on channel 20 several years ago. Then, midway through the 30 minute broadcast, WWJ-TV does another weathercast of similar length. Do they not have enough actual NEWS content to fill the front end of the 6PM newscast? They keep boasting of all these journalists "in the field," but I'm underwhelmed so far in that regard.

You can tell Jeff Skversky learned from Jim Garner because he can be stiff sometimes. Shaina Humphries actually makes him better.

Also, Jeff is transitioning from being a sportscaster for many years and it shows. He will get better.

I think they are introducing all the reporters because they are all new to this market. I’m sure they will stop that after a month.

I like Ahmad but he’s starting to become annoying. I can see why they are doing weather as the temperature are extreme. I’m sure that will calm down once spring comes. Still prefer Karen Carter. Much more professional.

Overall, presentation is getting better and better each day. Just minor stuff with the weather that needs to be cleaned up.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic