Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hmmm,is the news drought at CBS62 about to come to an end?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
organman95

Re: Hmmm,is the news drought at CBS62 about to come to an end?

Post by organman95 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:17 pm

Wow! Maybe they could find that damn 10mm socket I can never find... lol

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:42 pm

Deleted User 7620 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:00 pm
I think it debuts either January 9th, 16th, or 23rd. I’m learning towards January 23rd.

I also love how they forgot to mention that It will be at 6 and 11 pm on weekends, with Terell Bailey being the weekend anchor.
Long lost poster CircleWXYZ was right ten months later as Terell anchored the first weekend newscast tonight. He ended the newscast by saying, "We'll see you tomorrow at 6pm." Chiefs/Vikings will be on so maybe they will start having a brief local news update window during halftime of the 4:25 CBS NFL games as is the case when FOX 2 has a 4:25 game.

EDIT: Terell did anchor a two minute news update on the front end of the halftime break.

Newsman123

Post by Newsman123 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:39 am

According to FTVLive, main anchor Jeff Skversky it out after just a year.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:11 am

Interesting. He wasn't bad but wasn't great, either. Thanks for the info.

Any word on who will succeed him?

FTV Live, which most of the time is very credible and other times is not credible at all, paints a grim picture of morale at the station (albeit with zero supporting detail):

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2023/ ... or-is-gone

On the bright side, at least CBS 62 isn't hiring human trash like sister station WJZ-TV in Baltimore recently did, in which it brought disgraced ex NFL player and domestic battterer, Ray Rice, aboard.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:40 am

It will be interesting to see if either the Freep or DetNews report on this.

Whenever 2, 4 or 7 make a weeknight news anchor change, it usually attracts some headlines.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:08 am

I gotta be honest. I've started to migrate away from watching this newscast. I just can't warm up to what I'll call The Garage Studio. Just feels like I'm watching a podcast. Maybe it's just me.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:30 pm

I agree Jeff wasn't great but wasn't bad, but I'd put him second there to only Shaina. There's a big gap between 1st and 2nd though.

I'm curious to learn more about "Insiders at the CBS O&O claim the station is a mess and is so bad many people have taken mental health leave"

Seriously?? You need a "mental health leave" just to do your damn job?? There have to be more specifics if it's that bad!

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:49 pm

The only 2 reporters I see in the field are Andres, Gino and a couple of their VO photographers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:24 pm

Indeed, the only reporter narrated story from the field on tonight's 6PM newscast came from Andres.

The newscast was actually led with a reasonably well produced story about the Hamas - Israeli war from a CBS national reporter (who did provide a live shot).

Most other news stories at 6PM tonight featured video footage filmed by station employees with studio anchors reading copy.

I suspect the concept of MMJs with single county territories has been completely abandoned.

What channel 62 calls a Sports segment is bizarre to say the least. Zero mention of the MLB playoffs. No video from Dan Campbell's weekly press conference today. No scores or highlights from NHL opening night. Pitiful. What a pathetic operation. Does Ronnie Duncan have zero help???

Newsman123

Post by Newsman123 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:36 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:24 pm
Indeed, the only reporter narrated story from the field on tonight's 6PM newscast came from Andres.

The newscast was actually led with a reasonably well produced story about the Hamas - Israeli war from a CBS national reporter (who did provide a live shot).

Most other news stories at 6PM tonight featured video footage with studio anchors reading copy.

I suspect the concept of MMJs with single county territories has been abandoned.

What channel 62 calls a Sports segment is bizarre to say the least. Zero mention of the MLB playoffs. No video from Dan Campbell's weekly press conference. No scores or highlights from NHL opening night.
Pitiful. What a pathetic operation. Does Ronnie Duncan have zero help?

They did this operation on the cheap. They are paying the frontline anchors well. But the reporters are cheap one man bands, and it shows. All you have to do is watch their newscasts to see why people need a mental health break. Its unwatchable. The mornings are a bright spot, as the two anchors are strong and carry the show imo.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:39 pm

You and I don't always see things eye to eye, but I agree with what you just wrote 100 percent.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:46 pm

Just turned on their 5:30p newscast. So far, not bad!

However, a news image promo that just ran at the front end of a commercial break touted evening newscasts at "5PM, 6PM, 7PM & 11PM."

Only one problem - they don't have a 7PM newscast! Well, not OTA on channel 62 anyway. Unbelievable sloppiness. If it is a streaming-only newscast, it should be noted as such.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:03 pm

So - See B.S. Detroit leads its 6p newscast tonight with a puff piece on Greenfield Village.

Story placement decisioning in that shop leaves a LOT to be desired at times.

OnTopic

Post by OnTopic » Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:32 pm

It was a tease to their 90 minute Holiday Nights special.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:46 pm

I immediately changed the channel.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic